cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all formatting tools available

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 49 of 49

When accessing the forum from my phone (Brave browser on Android 10)  and making a post not all the formatting options are available.   As can be seen from the screen shot below there is only row of options:

Screenshot_20210702-200052.png

 I am reasonably sure a second row appears briefly but disappears under the edit window.

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 41 of 49

The loss of toolbar options and 'artefact' are a feature of the reduced browser width and independent of the device.

Reduce the browser width on a PC and, 'Hey Presto', there they are.

The artefact is the misplaced residue of the PREVIEW button. Which I gather is a known bug.

On A PC, preview can be selected by pointing above the artefact and just outside the edit window.

EXIT PREVIEW is then visible, but again requires a similar degree of precision pointing to execute.

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 42 of 49

@TheHornedOne I don't think you are misinterpreting what I am saying.  Your screen dump shows what I would expect to see, and interestingly there don't appear to be any artifacts in the top right corner.  Whereas if you look at my screen dump (Message 5) you will notice most of the options are missing.

Which browser are you using?

0 Likes

Message 43 of 49

Oh, looks okay to me @Birchcroft .....

Screenshot_20210702-204647_Firefox.jpg

............ or am I misinterpreting what you're saying?  [Android / Firefox]

~R.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 49

'Birchcroft' wrote: ...There are also some almost unnoticeable marks in the top right-hand corner of the window....

The display artifacts were reported as a bug. Currently awaiting resolution.

Screenshot_2021-06-24-08-04-59-75.jpg

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 45 of 49

@TheHornedOne yes but even if it wasn't as can be seen from the following screen shot it's not practical to post in landscape mode.

Screenshot_20210702-203523.png

There are also some almost unnoticeable marks in the top right-hand corner of the window. IE above and to the right of the link symbol.

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 46 of 49

@Birchcroft wrote:

When accessing the forum from my phone (Brave browser on Android 10)  and making a post not all the formatting options are available.   'As can be seen from the screen shot below there is only row of options:'

'I am reasonably sure a second row appears briefly but disappears under the edit window.'

Is this also the case in Landscape Mode @Birchcroft?

~R.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 49

@Gondola Thanks for the offer, but no thanks as the image is good enough to illustrate the point.

The reason I see it as a potential formatting problem is that as the screen comes up all options are briefly displayed but then the text window overwrites some of the options.  So it would appear that they are there but just not accessible.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 48 of 49

The mobile browser version does have limitations and one of them is a restricted set of editor options. 

Another limitation is the lower resolution of uploaded images. Do you wish me to Edit your post to improve the resolution of the image?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes