NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 updates May 2018

barbatul
Chat Champion
Message 15 of 15

Yesterday Windows 10 kindly installed May updates (I had no choice !) - it took nearly an hour. Today I find that all sites I use have to be logged on anew and, more annoyingly, I have to log in afresh every time (even though my user name and password are remembered). This happens noticeably on g-mail and facebook. Just to be clear I used to click on these either in 'Favourites' or on my browser and it took me straight there. How do I resu8me normal sevice?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hiya

Sorry for bringing back this old thread, but I just felt like it. emoticon.winkingface.title

Try to check some cookie settings for your browsers, and then Windows. Don't quote me on this, but this sudden change might be because of the GDPR? Probably new rules on how the websites have to log you off after a shorter amount of inactivity to make sure that someone doesn't use your PC and log in automatically??

In addition you might want to try a service such as Dashlane. I don't use it myself, but the way that it works is that your passwords are generated by Dashlane and DL autofills it for you.

Signed, Stephanie (@steph3)
Remember to mark as 'Best Answer' if I answered your question!
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

In one of your replies you say you logged off, if you mean you logged off of Gmail it will always put you back to the login screen.
Sorry if I've misunderstood.

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

I use Chrome (don't like Edge !); tried saving as Favourite but it still only takes me to 'Sign In 'page . Thanks for the suggestion !

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

I would log in to Gmail and save it as a new favourite, use that and see if it works.
I'm using Edge and if I stay logged in to Gmail my favourites short cut takes me straight to the inbox.

Edit...

If I log out of Gmail then the favourites short cut puts me on the Login to Gmail page.

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

I spoke too soon ! I don't know what he did but all was well, I checked my Gmail and a couple of other sites and went straight to in-box/home page - said thanks and logged off. Half hour later tried again and back to square 1.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

That's great. What did he do exactly?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Problem solved ! I found a Microsoft Support Forum , chatted to their expert, he 'took control of my pc' and after about 20 minutes sorted me out.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Sorry but there is nothing more I can do.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

I always appreciate your advise/comments Keith but I hae just 'experimented' and this log-in problem is occuring on Chrome, Firefox and Edge; It must surely be a W10 problem and not Chrome or any browser. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

The only thing I can suggest is to delete your Chrome profile, then uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

I use Chrome (and occasionally Firefox) but my problem appears on both ! The one that baffles me most is Gmail ; I click on gmail on the Chrome home page and whereas it used to take me straight to my inbox I now have to log in every time, though as I said my e-mail and password are remembered so it is anly a few extra clicks, but still a nuisance.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

What web browser are you using, Edge underwent numerous changes in the April 2018 update. Personally I always use Chrome.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Keith, I assume it is W10 that is driving me mad ! Ever since the updates - installed on Sunday - I am having to log in every visit to all of my usual web sites (mostly on my 'Favourites' bar) this applies to Facebook, Yahoo, Gmail, and several others all of which previously remembered me (i.e. when I clicked on their site I was taken straight to the home page of that site; now I have to log in every time , though it does remember my log in details ! How can I overcome this problem or revert to my earlier set-up?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

I am not sure what you refer to. The first cumulative update released on about the 8th of May) to the April 2018 update (V1803) does have some bugs in it, but they seem to only affect startup time to load the lock screen, from what I have read. These only affect some people apparently.

I haven't seen much difference at all in general behaviour to my PC, either before or after the V1803 update.

Keith

0 Likes