cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Wireless bridge

11 REPLIES
maniben
Philosopher
Is it possible to set up a purely wireless bridge between any 2 TT supplied routers? (upstairs +downstairs). Have a spare one hence the thought. ( Want to have upstairs pc use the downstairs internet connection without any wires or homeplugs). WHich routers might be compatible here?

If so, any ideas how?

Thanks
M44RKD
Philosopher
Originally Posted by maniben
Is it possible to set up a purely wireless bridge between any 2 TT supplied routers? (upstairs +downstairs). Have a spare one hence the thought. ( Want to have upstairs pc use the downstairs internet connection without any wires or homeplugs). WHich routers might be compatible here?

If so, any ideas how?

Thanks

they would both have to support WDS and well ya would lose signal as would half (i think) best thing to do if possible is what i have done and connect them together via ethernet cable.
jcampy
Philosopher
If so, any ideas how?
Thanks

well the only way to do this would be WDS this is limited to G speed wireless and only supports WEP encryption that can be broken in under a minute
and TT router do not support WDS the easyer ist way would be to use a wifi adapter for the computer unless there some reason why you cant use w-fi?

Don't forget to add your phone number to your forum profile

baz134dog
Philosopher
Did anyone mention WDS?:slol
M44RKD
Philosopher
Originally Posted by baz134dog
Did anyone mention WDS?:slol

think i mighta done yep, but think it got overlooked :D:D:D
baz134dog
Philosopher
Originally Posted by markdyer72
think i mighta done yep, but think it got overlooked :D:D:D

OK, just in case .............. both routers need to have WDS capability.:rolleyes:
maniben
Philosopher
The only reason is I dont want to spend any money, (if I can help it ) in having to buy a PCI or USb adapter.

Thanks
Tripper
Philosopher
The only reason is I dont want to spend any money, (if I can help it ) in having to buy a PCI or USb adapter.

Thanks

MD will sub you if you ask him nicely - he has plenty ;):D
M44RKD
Philosopher
Originally Posted by Tripper
MD will sub you if you ask him nicely - he has plenty ;):D

maybe i have , maybe i havent but whatever i do have is ov no concern to u or any1 else for that matter :D
maniben
Philosopher
Spare me some, Mark, please !
billybob
Philosopher
mark if you leave some in a brown envelope under your seat at the x factor finals on the Saturday i will collect it on the Sunday.
sorted, that saves the postage. :D:D lollol
barney's rabbit suki dug me my new home, and its lovely and warm.
"If we ever need a new CM then baz134dog would be my choice"
Be nice to your kids: they'll choose your nursing home.
M44RKD
Philosopher
Originally Posted by billybob
mark if you leave some in a brown envelope under your seat at the x factor finals on the Saturday i will collect it on the Sunday.
sorted, that saves the postage. :D:D lollol

ok ill pm u what seat i was sitting in on saturday :D