Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Access Mail Account Password reset

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi I am trying to reset my Mail Password I am no longer a customer with Talk Talk and haven't been for a number of years. I recently made a request for me to gain access to my mail as my primary email for my Social Media account is set for my talk.talk.net email. I don't have an alternative way to get a reset code for the social media to account as they are sending all of these to the mail account at talktalk.net that I have. 

I have been able to get access to MY ACCOUNT and can see my email account .talktalk.net there I am being told I need to register with my plus mail account. However, as it has been a few years ago I don't know the current password and when I try to reset the password it doesn't give me an option to send any code or reset link to an alternative email or mobile number. 

The error I see that you guys have set up is that any password reset is being sent to my .talktalk.net  email account of which I cant access. (How does that work make no sense???)

I have made contact with corporate Office Talk Talk my caseworker is Mand she has stated that she would contact Tech Support to make contact with me 

How I see this can there not be an option to set up or have an alternative option i.e mobile or another email to send a password reset ?  or send it to My Account or something . this is really frustrating and now i see why i left as a customer 

Martin Bone
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @martinphoto2 

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset.

If, when you try the Forgotten your Password option there's no alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you as they'll need to put Reset details in place for you.

In the meantime, please check / update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

The TalkTalk OCE will pick this up from tomorrow to action the addition of those essential Reset details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, I don't have many options other than the email address that i can't access? 

I have tried to change in MY ACCOUNT also but when i try in there it asks for my current password then change it. I don't know ANY passwords. 

My mobile and alternative email are in my personal details and I use my alternative email to log in to MY ACCOUNT. 

Martin Bone
Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 14.46.40.psd
Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 14.46.40.psd
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Martin

TalkTalk team alerted for you.

If you don't know the mailbox password then you do need those essential Reset details in place to recover mailbox access. 

The password change via MyAccount is just for routine password changes when you know the existing password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi martinphoto2, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.