Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Adding in Email to my Managed mailboxes

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I'm struggling to get one of my old  @tinyworld.co.uk accounts added into to my managed mailboxes. 

It won't add. and I'm concerned that  the deadline for the changes to the mail service is fast approaching.

What i notice in my mail  is that both the original email address and its alias  appear in the valid list of mail boxes , this looks to be doubling the number of boxes I have in my account.

I have a list of @dsl.pipex.com addresses noted, 6 in total. 2 are aliases therefore I expected to be able to add into my account  !!!

Anyone got any idea how I get my tinyworld mail account added.

The chatbot said today that they are aware of issues with this and to keep trying , however I am not convinced it will be resolved in time .

Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @paulmcconn 

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes positively identifying the aliases and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

My understanding is that only the main or master mailbox address is needed in your MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail as it's only the main address that has a mailbox on the TalkTalk mail platform. The aliases are recognised as being linked to the one mailbox. Incoming mail for an alias is directed to that master mailbox.

So, the aliases are not needed in your MyAccount as far as I'm aware and by having them removed you'll release a spare address slot in the 5 allowed to add the tinyworld mailbox.

However, do not delete any alias unless directed to do so by the TalkTalk OCE that picks up this topic.

I don't wish to see any adverse consequences to the use of aliases or the master mailbox.  My logic says deleting the alias in MyAccount may not even be possible as it shouldn't be found as a mailbox on the active database so the delete operation in MyAccount ought to fail. But just in case it doesn't and does something unexpected like deleting the master mailbox I would not even try it. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi paulmcconn, I've sent you a personal message to obtain some information I need to get this sorted for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks Info sent

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks for this , its been that long since i set up the Aliases under the pipex accounts , they've just been running for years with no issues ...I wont do anything else until one of the Admins helps out ... I'm sure under Pipex you had up to 10 or 12 emails in play at any one time so the cut down to 5 will be an issue going forward , but hey ho well see how it goes.

Highlighted
First Timer
Hi been having the same problem so i thought i would give it one more try tonight and blow me i got it to registar .
the only thing i did differenantly was i noticed after i put the name for the email address in a password was already showing took a chance and deleted it and entered the current password and it showed the details right away.
just double check i logged in on my i pad my account my services and manage talk talk mail and sure enough it was there.
hope this is helpful.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Toby289,

Glad to hear you managed to get this sorted 🙂

Chris