Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Adding legacy email addresses

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Team Player

TalkTalk requires me to enter the legacy email addresses into a mailbox.  For some reason whenI do this nothing happens except I am switched back to the enter page and no email addresses appear in my account.   Currently 4000 miles away precludes me from rattling TalkTak's tree by phone but the inefficiency points me to changing ISPs when I return to UK.   A simple procedure should work seamlessly.

Ben
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @hampshirehog 

TalkTalk is asking broadband customers to add legacy mailboxes (TalkTalk managed email addresses) to their existing MyAccount subject to there being available space - maximum 5 mailboxes are permitted.  Let us know if that's an issue.

The article Managing your email in My Account explains more in the section 'email not showing in My Account'.

There are some security limitations in managing MyAccount when overseas so that's a factor. But when you're back in the UK try again. If any legacy mailboxes are associated with a former MyAccount then they need to be unassociated before you'll be able to add to the current MyAccount.  The TalkTalk team can do that bit of back-office work for you.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

If your return time extends beyond the date given by TalkTalk in the mail message let us know. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi hampshirehog,

I can see that Gondola has given you some great advice, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris