Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Address book has disappeared

10 REPLIES 10
alanbakermusic
First Timer

My address book with all my email contacts in has suddenly been wiped. I am an old Tiscali customer and have kept my Tiscali address which TalkTalk should be supporting. I can send and receive emails still.

Any ideas, please?

escot
First Timer
I have exactly the same problem. All happened overnight.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @alanbakermusic  and @escot 

Grateful if you'd confirm if this is the Address Book / Contacts associated with your TalkTalk Webmail and confirm if your webmail has been upgraded to the new TalkTalk Mail platform. You'll know because you'd have received an email from TalkTalk advising Upgrade complete.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add your email address in Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk email account and if it is a TalkTalk issue will raise a fault ticket.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

escot
First Timer

I confirm that it is the contacts folder which is now empty and associated with my talktalk webmail. I have not received an email about upgrading. The contacts disappeared by yesterday morning (22 Feb).

escot
First Timer

All the contacts are back - thank you so so muchxx

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @escot 

Thanks for confirming the contacts have returned.

@alanbakermusic  What's the current status of your Address Book?

Community Team

Hi alanbakermusic, how are you getting on? Do you still need help with this?

alanbakermusic
First Timer

Well, as if by magic my Address Book has reappared! A couple of days later TalkTalk updated my email page (which is a great improvement on the old one). Coincidence?

Community Team

Hi alanbakermusic,

Glad to hear your address book has reappeared, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

AlanWestwood
First Timer

Hi.

My address book also has dissapeared!

Any ideas as to why this has happened?

Bests,

Alan Westwood.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @AlanWestwood 

I've not been made aware of the reason in your case but based on the other reports here it may be the system locking the Address Book whilst carrying out an upgrade.

Is the Address Book now back in action for you?  Have you received any messages from TalkTalk about upgrading your mail service to the new TalkTalk Mail platform?