would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Billing notifications bounce back

10 REPLIES 10
TipTop2
First Timer

Hi,

Like others here, I've received the talktalk billing notification email bounce back letter stating they'll start charging £2 for paper bills.  I've spent 6.5 hours in 3 phone calls trying to sort with them and there doesn't seem to be a solution from their side.  Can anyone help please?

Background - had a Tiscali address for 10+ years that I wish to move away from (spam central), added a Talktalk.net one in January 18 and changed this to my primary address and for billing notification purposes.  But talktalk can't get their bill notifications through to it, even after all the settings checks have been done and test emails sent (that I received ok).  I only access this address through Webmail.

Their solution is that I go back to using the tiscali account which I'd prefer not to, as ideally will be deleting that to be rid of the spammers.

Would appreciate any help you can give.  Many thanks.

DirectDebits still going out fine, so not a payment issue.  I can see others have had the same issue in the past.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @TipTop2

I agree with you to migrate use away from your Tiscali email address and have that suspended pending deletion. If it's so widely known by spammers then it becomes the most practical way of dealing with spam.

As for why a talktalk.net email address is rejecting talktalk.co.uk emails is slightly more difficult to comprehend. TalkTalk will not block it's own IP address BUT those emails could have been inadvertently marked as spam OR the system has detected your account as possibly involved in spam or suspicious activity. Were the email tests with talktalk.co.uk emails?

You can use any email address as your MyAccount login and billing email. So, the obvious solution is to create a new external email address like one with Yahoo or gMail for example. Gets aound all issues at a stroke without any thinking or testing.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @TipTop2

So that I can escalate a check of your talktalk.net billing address would you please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and the billing address.

If you do simply change the billing email address as I suggested, would you put the current talktalk.net billing address in the Private Notes box that's at the bottom of the Personal Information page of your Community Profile.

Thanks.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

TipTop2
First Timer

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.  The info you've suggested is there for the OCE.

I suspect going with a new gmail address maybe the way forward if no luck sorting with the talktalk.net account.  The test emails from operators at talktalk.co.uk were received without issue.  Nothing was going to Spam.  It seems to be the billing notifications and talktalk information emails that are not being received.

If all else fails, an alternative provider email address it will have to be.

Community Team

Hi TipTop2, I've checked and the systems that I have access to all have the correct address. I've passed this over to the billing team who can check systems that I can't. I'll post back once they reply to let you know what's what. We can fix this, it's just a case of finding out where it's wrong. 

Community Team

All the systems are setup correctly now. I noticed a test message from the billing team popped into your mailbox. If you have anymore problems please post back and I'll pursue it further for you, I'm not expecting you to have to though. 

TipTop2
First Timer

Regetfully, this is still an issue and I have today received the dreaded we're charging you £2 a month letter.  Having once again spoken to someone (a Complaints Manager), they have changed it back to online billing yet it doesn't solve the problem!  Apparently they are asking the CEO to contact me next week.... 

7.25 hours of live chat and phone calls and counting...

Does anyone know the real issue behind this?  According to a case manager it's a common problem for those moving from Tiscali to TalkTalk addresses and they (TalkTalk) no longer have access to Tiscali servers?  

More importantly, I will set up an external email address just for them!

Thanks for all you help.

Community Team

Sometimes the changes made don't take effect until the next bill cycle. I'm just waiting to find out if that's the case in this instance. A CEO complaint manager will speak to the same team I'm dealing with. I'll post back as soon as I hear from them. 

TipTop2
First Timer

Thanks OCE_Ady.  I've received yet another frustrating phone call from a 'Senior Compalints Manager' as they still did not seem to understand the actual issue, but have at least promised to waive any £2 paper bill charges applied and a goodwill gesture which I'm grateful for.

However, at the end of the call she said she guaranteed the billing notification would definitely arrive in the talktalk account.  *confused customer here*.

So, I've asked for yet another call following the May billing notification email so that if it doesn't arrive the tracking of the problem is continuous.

Thank you for the work you are doing - I suspect it is your input that has made the difference as she mentioned billing team synchronising with the new address.  

2 more weeks to go to finding out whether things work as they should.

jwseabrook
Chatterbox

Hi TipTop2,

This post isn't to do with billings, but more to do with email. I've been on the phone for about the same amount of time as you regarding my talktalk email addresses being deleted. Talktalk claim that they had some problems with the "email server" which caused customers a lot of problems, including the disablement of accounts like mine.

I am not sure how good talktalk.net email addresses actually are. I hope I'm wrong but am not seeing much evidence at the moment.

Community Team

Hi jwseabrook, please start your own thread so that I can help you. You're post is way off topic in this thread.