Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Blocked Sender

10 REPLIES 10
ic451
Chatterbox

Hello.  I have an account with a company called TopCashback, www.topcashback.co.uk.  They advise they are unable to send me emails as "your email provider has blocked our emails", and so all they get when they try to send me email is a "hard bounce".  The functionality of my TopCashback account is severely reduced as a result.  How do I go about getting the block on emails to me from TopCashback lifted, please?  Thanks, ic

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @ic451 

What's your email domain - the bit after the @ in your email address?  The first thing to check is that your TalkTalk mailbox isn't rejecting the emails.

Do you usually use webmail and sign in to TalkTalk Mail here?

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select Mail (left side panel)
  • Select Filter Rules
  • If no previous rules exist then that's ok
  • If the Blocked Sender's Filter rule or other rules are there including Auto forward
    Select Disable against all rules to troubleshoot the issue

If there were filter rules present do let us know.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

ic451
Chatterbox

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @ic451 

What's your email domain - the bit after the @ in your email address? 

screaming.net

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @ic451 

Do you usually use webmail and sign in to TalkTalk Mail here?

If there were filter rules present do let us know.

I don't usually use webmail; I usually use an Outlook client on my PC.  I've logged into webmail and confirmed that there are no filter rules present.  I've also checked for anything similar on my Outlook client, although being client-side rules, these are much less likely to be able to impose a hard block of the nature TopCashback report.

Thanks, ic

Gondola
Community Star

Hi ic451 

There is an issue with screaming.net mail aliases not being recognised.  We were advised by TalkTalk that mail aliases would now work on the new TalkTalk Mail platform. But there are several reports that indicate the aliases do not work as expected.

If you are using a mail alias for the mailbox then my suggested fix, for now, is to change your email address with topcashback to the main screaming.net email address.

Let us know, if you have used a mailbox alias, if the change to the main address now works.

ic451
Chatterbox

@Gondola wrote:

Hi ic451 

Let us know, if you have used a mailbox alias, if the change to the main address now works.

I'm already using my main address.

Thanks, ic.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi ic451 

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community team to the issue. I expect a flood of complaints if there's a network block so it'll be interesting to see the outcome.

In the meantime, try an alternate email address with topcashback just to make sure that works.

Although your Community profile indicator looks near complete, please check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add your screaming.net email address and the topcashback sending address to Private notes and save changes.

Community Team

Hi ic451, have Tcb given you a fault code from the bounce message?

ic451
Chatterbox

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Hi ic451, have Tcb given you a fault code from the bounce message?

Response from TCB is "I can confirm that we don't get a fault code as basically while we are a genuine site not all email providers see that and as in this case our emails have been black listed so we aren't even able to send them to your screaming.net email address."

Please could I ask for the blacklisting of Topcashback on my email account to be lifted?

Thanks,

ic

Community Team

Thanks ic451, I've asked the email admins to look into this and will post back once I've had a response for you.

ic451
Chatterbox

TCB have advised me to switch to an alternate email provider, and I have done so to get around the blacklisting.  I shall consider similarly switching ISP.  Now that TCB is no longer failing to send emails to my screaming.net account, we will be unable to investigate further.  Do please let me know if the email admins come up with anything.

IC

Community Team

Hi ic451,

Thanks for the information, we will let you know when we receive an update

Chris