would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Bounce Rejections

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello!

I'm currently seeing bounce rejections when attempting to send email to our subscribers within the TalkTalk or Tiscali domains (talktalk.co.uk and tiscali.it).  

We are seeing the following message:

5.2.0 (unknown mailbox-related status) rHD7iHBtWJg5drHD8i7ZXj Content rejected (TT992)

Our sending domains are:  email.theatermania.com and email.whatsonstage.com.

Any assistance here is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sam McNeil

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ssmcneil99 

Tiscali.it is not an email domain managed by TalkTalk. TalkTalk.co.uk is not an email domain used by TalkTalk customers.

I've alerted TalkTalk to your report of blocking of your sender. TalkTalk will block senders if a lot of recipients are marking incoming emails as spam or there are multiple unavailable mailboxes being sent to. 

I probably don't need to tell you that it's sender responsibility to make it easy for subscribers to unsubscribe and to remove unavailable mail addresses from bulk send lists.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sam Mcneil, neither of those are TalkTalk domains. I suspect your subscribers aren't using legitimate emails. 

Ady

First Timer

Thank you for your reply @Gondola!

The domains being reported that are being blocked are tiscali.co.uk and talktalk.net.

Are you all linked to either of these?

If a block is currently in place, can you provide an estimate of how long this will take to resolve?

We are in the process of removing inactive subscribers from these groups.  

Thanks,

Sam McNeil

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi ssmcneil99 

The reason I passed your report to TalkTalk is because the bounceback response you quoted (but not the domains you originally quoted) was from the TalkTalk server indicating spam detection protection.

Just let us know when you're no longer sending to inactive subscribers on the talktalk.net and tiscali.co.uk domains.

TalkTalk will pick this thread up next week from Monday onwards.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted

Hi ssmcneil99, once your reputation improves as a sender the mail servers will recognise that and mail will be allowed through again.

Ady

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks @Gondola and @OCE_Ady ,

We are now only sending to recently engaged subscribers.

Should we expect to see these delivered?

Thanks for your help on this.

Highlighted

From experience it normally takes 3 or 4 days for the rep to improve.

Ady