Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

CANNOT DELETE EMAILS

ANSWERED
2 REPLIES 2
photocol
First Timer

I am being swamped with junk emails on Outlook.com Blocking them has no effect, and when I
delete a batch of them or any other emails the same batch reappears in my inbox a few of minuets
later. I had a long session with Microsoft Support in the week, I gave them access to my computer but
in the end they said they could not do anything and to go to my email provider, which is TalkTalk.
I comtacted TalkTalk today and after me waiting fot them to try to sort the problem, they said as long
as I could receive and send emails there is nothing more they can do. They suggested I contact the
online Community. Please can you help?

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @photocol 

Outlook.com is reported to have a problem deleting mail messages that don't get deleted and just get downloaded again from the source mail service.

So, if you're collecting your TalkTalk mail messages in outlook.com webmail you need to sign in to TalkTalk Mail (webmail) to manage your TalkTalk incoming messages and to delete the originals in TalkTalk Mail so that outlook.com doesn't keep on downloading them. And do that until such time as Microsoft fix their issue with outlook.com.

Enter your email address, select Continue.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

Select the Mark as Spam from the toolbar for true spam to automatically alert the TalkTalk filters' intelligence gathering engine.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi photocol, you should follow Gondola's advice and you won't go far wrong. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.