cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can I keep my existing talktalk email account?

3 REPLIES 3
Chatterbox

I am currently a TalkTalk broadband customer and use my @talktalk.net email account for both my personal and business emails. However, I am currently considering cancelling my talktalk contract and switching my broadband provider to Virgin Media instead. If I do this, will I still be able to use my old talktalk email and will I be offered a chance to upgrade my existing email to a Mail Plus account so I can continue to use it long term?

Community Star

Hi @ODQ99 

Yes, when you leave TalkTalk you will be offered the opportunity to keep your talktalk mailbox active across your email devices as well as webmail by taking out a subscription to TalkTalk MailPlus.  £5/m or £50pa by Direct Debit for up to 5 mailboxes with the one subscription.

And when you rejoin TalkTalk your MailPlus subscription will cease and you'll continue to use the talktalk mailboxes for free.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Chatterbox

Thats great. Can I also check that if I choose to leave, the email address will remain active for 12 months after I leave and that I can upgrade to a Mail Plus account at any point during that 12 months?

Community Star

Hi @ODQ99 

It's the TalkTalk broadband MyAccount that will remain active for 12 months after your services are disconnected.

You'll receive a mail message from TalkTalk about leaving and the deletion of your talktalk mailbox if you leave TalkTalk and choose not to subscribe to the offer of MailPlus.

If you have that mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of your TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access.

So, if you plan on keeping your talktalk mailbox active across all your devices you could wait for the notification about deletion of the mailbox and then subscribe to MailPlus in the following couple of months.

Or live on the dangerous side and wait until you notice email client access has been restricted and then subscribe to MailPlus.

Or really make yourself worried by subscribing just before the 180 days is up!

Or if you plan on just migrating your mail usage to another mail service and if webmail only access is good enough then subscribe to MailPlus on a month by month basis with full access and then when you're sure you need just 2 years' more, webmail only access, to complete a smooth migration, call to cancel MailPlus.

Cancel your TalkTalk service see MailPlus

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer