cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't Send Emails From Lineone Account

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

I cannot send emails from my lineone account.  I have tried from my iPhone, from Outlook and from the Web Mail and get different error messages (iPhone – Cannot Send Mail ... The server rejected one of the recipients addresses, Outlook prompts me to enter my password then the “email server rejects my login”, and Web Mail – Message Could Not Be Sent .... .......Too Many Recipients).

I can receive messages fine.

What is the problem?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @alimair 

@alimair wrote:...I cannot send emails from my lineone account.  ...different error messages... ...The server rejected one of the recipients addresses ...Too Many Recipients).

The error messages indicate the server has imposed a spam protection rate limit on the number of mail messages you can send.  If you tried repeatedly to send to a non-existent email address and this got bounced back then spam protection applies a lower sending limit just in case a spammer has got into the account and is trying addresses to see if they accept mail. Having lowered the sending limit you may now trigger the other type of spam protection which is exceeding the allowed sending limit.

The answer is to remove the failing email address from your send. Then wait up to 24 hours for the limiter to be reset to normal before you send again.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted

Thank you for the advice.... so I should wait 24 hours then?

Highlighted

Sorry, all the email addresses I was trying to send to were valid...

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @alimair 

The important thing is to remove the email address that fails. You might think the email address is ok but clearly the error message indicates otherwise. 

Highlighted

Again, thanks for your help but.....

I first got the error message "the server rejected one of the recipeints addresses" on the iPhone when sending to 4 friends email addresses that are all valid.  I then got it replying to a test email my wife sent me - again valid.  I believe you are referring to this message in your response, but I subsequently got different error messages when I tried to reply to my wife from Outlook on my PC, and again from WebMail.

So I ask again, do I wait 24 hours to see if the sending email service is operating, whichever route I take (iPhone, Outlook, WebMail) ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @alimair 

If it's the iPhone that's caused this issue then it's most likely the iPhone outgoing server settings aren't set up correctly for the lineone mail account.

Set for Sign in

Username: the full lineone email address

Password: the lineone email password

Use SSL

Outgoing Port: 587

Outgoing server (SMTP): smtp.tiscali.co.uk

Authentication: Normal Password

Correct those and you should be good to go.

Highlighted

So I'm afraid your assessment is flawed....  and you didn't seem top grasp that the problem was not device related...

I have not changed any settings, and yet, as if by magic, as of 10 minutes ago, the email that I first experienced the problem with on my iPhone which was stuck in the Outbox has now been sent;  the email to my wife that was in my Outlook Outbox mailbox has now been sent; I can send emails from Web Mail... 

So it proves all the email addresses were indeed valid....  Which rather suggests it was a problem with the Outgoing Mail Server smtp.tiscali.co.uk, doesn't it?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @alimair 

I'll leave you to do your own troubleshooting and keep an eye on what happens in the next few days.

You don't seem to have grasped that the server rejected your sending because there was an issue the server found.  Having set a rate limit on sending as spam protection you then got a too many senders error message. That will either be a one hour or 1 to 24 hour countdown. During that countdown it doesn't matter how you try and send. You will be rate limited.  After the first hour some messages will be allowed. Which is what's happened.

I stand by my advice. Good luck.

Highlighted

So what was the issue the server found?

All the email addresses were valid?