Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't access Lineone emails.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi all.  I cannot access my lineone e-mail.  I know my password but it does not work.  I have been having to reset it quite often, but now it states that there is no reset details for me?  I have not got a talktalk account.

Hope somebody can help

Glenn Gane
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ganey

The email system may have detected a weak password or a compromised email account and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data.

If you've been having to regularly reset the password then my advice is to scan all your devices for viruses / malware.  Your email account may have been compromised by a hacker that's capturing your passwords direct from one of your devices.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to progress account or password recovery if you haven't been able to use the self-help options.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ganey,

Can you also add your current landline number and the full address that you think is linked to the email account (please add these to the private notes section of your Community Proifle

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris.

Have added the extras you needed.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn Gane
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris

I hope you can sort this out asap, as I have a flight soon and I can't remember with whom I booked it.  I have all the booking ref's etc saved with insurance details and other very important info!  Ridiculous as it seems, I don't even know which airline I'm flying with.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn Gane
Highlighted

Hi Glenn,

I've asked our network team to reset your email password and contact you with the new one 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris

Do you know when I will be contacted re: password reset as I haven't heard anything yet and going away on holiday this Friday and need to access saved mail and documents.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn Gane
Highlighted
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi

I am going on holiday tomorrow and this is now very urgent.  Can you expedite at all please?

Kind regards

Glenn

Glenn Gane
Highlighted

Hi Glenn,

Apologies for the delay, have you been contacted?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi Chris. Just returned from holiday and have not yet been contacted.

Glen
Glenn Gane
Highlighted

Hi Glen, I've raised a new fault ticket for you. You should get a call with the new password today. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi

I am having the same issue and have added the details requested.

I have inexplicably been locked out of my webmail and the password reset process keeps failing with a 'password incorrect message'. 

I desperately need access to may email account for specific travel and flight details.

I have tried TT chat and Tech Support but no response after 72 hrs

Please can you escalate or advise as I need access urgently.

Thanks

GSW