Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't change password

6 REPLIES 6
Silverhoop
First Timer

Hi

I need to get access to my talk talk e-mail but I have forgotten my password.

I have followed the instruction to change it but once I click the confirm button I get an error saying:Your password could not be reset at this time. Please try again later.

I have tried over a dozen times since yesterday, any ideas how I can get this fixed?

Cheers

Silverhoop

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Silverhoop 

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset.

Please do try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Silverhoop, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information needed to get this sorted for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Silverhoop
First Timer

HI,

Just thought I would add an update.

I received a PM looking for some personal details.

Bear in mind it has been well over 10 years since I accessed or indeed required access to this account.

Anyway, I gave over all my details but was told that the Mobile number provided wasn't the same as the one I had used X amount of years ago and was asked to give my bak card instead. I supplied that but my card had also been re-issued over the course of the years so that was no good either.

I then offered to supply a drivers licence or a passport but haven't received any response other that they would check to see if that would be enough.

The reason I had needed access was because I purchased some ink cartridges from a company I again hadn't used for years because I hadn't used a printer for years but during this lock down I thought it would be handy to have one again.

The mail address I had given this company X amount of years ago was the talk talk address, so, while I couldn't get access to my old account I went back to the ink suppliers and they sent the invoice to the address that I use now.

So, in summary, I haven't followed this up any further as I no longer need access as I have my invoice.

I dare say I will need access at some point again over the next 20 years and will again not be able to access the account!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Silverhoop 

I'd have expected Ady to find that your email address was already deleted and not available.

Email mailboxes need to be signed in to at least once every 180 days to keep them active.

The situation will not have altered any in 20 years' time. So you are right in that.

We'll close this request if that's ok with you.

Silverhoop
First Timer

Hi Gondola,

Not having a go at Ady, he was very polite and I know he tried his best.

More than happy for this to be marked as closed though,

Take Care

Silver 🙂

Gondola
Community Star

You take care too. Stay safe.