Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't delete an email account

9 REPLIES 9
sandra_nix
Chatterbox

I have the same problem too.  Have successfully deleted one email account from Manage TalkTalk Mail screen but just get "Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment.  Please retry or come back later" message when trying to delete another old email account.  Have retried the delete button multiple times but still getting the same message.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @sandra_nix 

I've created this new topic for you because we are aware of some customers not being able to delete (or create new) mailboxes. I see you were successful in deleting one mailbox.

Just to see if this issue is down to MyAccount not allowing any more actions until the first deletion has been acknowledged by the mail system as fully completed what I'd like you to do is see if the first mailbox you deleted is actually inactive.

• Either try to sign in or send the mailbox an email
    You should get an error message
  • Then try to delete the other mailbox 24 hours after you deleted the first

Let us know what happens.

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to be deleted to the Private notes box and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

sandra_nix
Chatterbox

The mailbox I managed to delete was inactive very soon afterward I deleted it, got an error message when my email program tried to download from it.

Will try deleting the other mailbox tomorrow and will let you know if it works.

Many thanks

Community Team

Hi David Sampbell, I've replied to your personal message with details about this. 

Community Team

Hi sandra_nix, if you're still not able to delete it you can call customer services and ask them to put you through to the GDPR team under the right to be forgotten process to have the mailbox deleted for you. 

sandra_nix
Chatterbox

Have tried deleting again but still getting "Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later." error.

Gondola
Community Star

OK Sandra, I though it was worth another go, having left time for MyAccount to sort itself out. Blame me entirely for the delay.

Did you see that OCE_Ady suggested a final solution to ask the Data Protection Team (GDPR team) to delete the email account for you?

@OCE_Ady wrote: Hi sandra_nix, if you're still not able to delete it you can call customer services and ask them to put you through to the GDPR team under the right to be forgotten process to have the mailbox deleted for you. 

The Data Protection Team are essentially 9 to 5'ers so although Customer Services are 8am to 10pm I'd try after 9am any weekday.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

sandra_nix
Chatterbox

I'm not going to get a chance to call on a weekday during those hours - busiest time of year at work which is going to last several more weeks - so I'll keep trying to delete that email account in the hope it eventually works.

sandra_nix
Chatterbox

Just tried emailing the account I want to delete and get error message 'email recipent not accepted by the server' so I'm thinking the email account I want delete from Manage TalkTalk Mail page has already been deleted due to inactivity - yet it's still appearing on my Manage TalkTalk Mail page.

Community Team

Hi sandra_nix, you're correct. The email address is not showing when I search the email database. The MyAccount database and the Pipex mail platform databases are on totally different networks so they don't synch up. When MA is working properly you'll be able to delete the entry from there.