Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't delete an email account

9 REPLIES 9
David Sampbell
Popular Poster

Just spent 40 minutes on tt help chat with an advisor who couldn't help and just answered the wrong questions! I have 5 emails I'm my tt account and want to delete one to free up my allocation so I can manage another email there. I followed the instructions to perm delete but a week later it is still there. A tt chat advisor at the time said it would clear in 24 hrs but hasn't.

Can OCEs  help. The chat advisor today admitted they didn't have any instructions on how to help with this. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi David

I've just deleted one of my TalkTalk.net email accounts using the Manage TalkTalk Mail option via MyAccount and had no problem.

Sign in to MyAccount, select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail from the drop-down list and you'll see the list of (nominally up to 5) email mailboxes associated with a TalkTalk Broadband package.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

However, TalkTalk are aware of an issue with MyAccount where, for some customers, the deletion doesn't work as expected. So what we need to do is make TalkTalk aware of the issue impacting your MyAccount.  I've alerted the OCE's for you.

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add the email address being deleted to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk MyAccount.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

David Sampbell
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply - have followed instructions so hope OCE Team will delete it now - Fingers crossed! . Do I need to prompt them somehow - how do I do this? The whole system is rather mysterious to me.

Wish I could speak direct to the "Team" rather than my unsatisfactory attempts with the overseas callcentre / online talktalk help "chat" where I get nowhere (slowly) with problems not on their "list" of standard solutions.

Still thanks for your advice - much appreciated

Gondola
Community Star

Hi David

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community team and an OCE will take this issue up with the MyAccount back-office team and or Networks team.

The OCE will liaise with you right here.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi David,

This looks as though it may be an issue affecting a number of customers, it has been escalated, I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

David Sampbell
Popular Poster
Thanks Chris - Just checked it hasn't gone and tried to delete it again myself without success - don't seem to be having much luck with talktalk at the moment!
BUT I am glad to say that a few weeks ago I was able to add my old tt email (from a previous address/account) to my present one so I can now manage that one - something that a few years ago seemed not to be possible (after many hours of technical interactions and much head scratching as to why at the time) - just to let you know its is not been all bad!
Community Team

Thanks for letting us know. 

Flaneuse
Conversation Starter

There's another thread on this, but can't create new account either.

Community Team

Hi all, there's an open incident for this. The team are working to update MyAccount to get it working as it should be. I've not been given an estimated fix date though so will keep chasing for you. 

David Sampbell
Popular Poster

Still have this issue - please can you chase them up again - why is it such a problem - getting a bit upset that a month on and no solution.