Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't delete emails, full inbox

8 REPLIES 8
Jobee
Chatterbox

I am also not receiving emails, mailbox full., 

when a message is sent to me I do not receive it and person sending gets the message 'reason for problem 550 RCPT - mailbox disk quota exceeded'

Moderator Note: To see your posts, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email. If you've registered with the email address that has a full inbox then, for now, change the Community profile settings email to an alternate and please verify that.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Jobee

To free up your mailbox:

• First delete the emails from Trash
  • select the (empty) link next to the trash folder.
  • A pop-up window will appear asking if you would like to proceed, choose OK and the window will close.
  • Then delete the unwanted emails from the inbox or folders
    You can select a whole page of up to 50 emails
  • Then delete those from Trash as before

You should now have free space for more incoming emails.

If you need more help from TalkTalk support then please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and put the email address in the Private Notes box and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service and email accounts.

If you're not a TalkTalk broadband customer then more details may be required to verify your ownership of the email address.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jobee, Gondola has given you the right advice. Let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Jobee
Chatterbox

Thank you, I have deleted emails but it has not made any difference. I'm still not receiving any emails and people who are emailing me are getting the message mailbox disk quota full.

I have updated the info requested.

OCE_Ady

You haven't deleted enough, here are your mailbox stats. 

Account is Enabled
Message count: 28925
Mailbox usage: 10321 Mb of 9.8 Gb (103% used)

You should perhaps be looking to delete stuff with pictures and attachments included.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Jobee
Chatterbox

Ok, thank you, I will delete some more.

OCE_Ady

I'm betting it's going to take a lot more. 

Jobee
Chatterbox

yep, took a lot more, but all ok now. Emails coming through.

many thanks for your help.

OCE_Ady

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.