Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't get my emails

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

Last week I started to change the passwords on two of my TalkTalk email accounts, one of them is a Pop3 account and the other is an Imap account. I managed to change the passwords and wrote them down on a slip of paper so that I could put them in a password backup app later, however I was interrupted and had to leave my pc for about 10 minutes. when I came back to it, I thought I hadn’t changed the passwords and changed them again, so I thought that was it. However, I can no longer receive or send emails to any of these accounts. (I can’t find the slip of paper) How can I get access to my emails again?

I have tried the suggestions in ‘My Account’ ‘My services’ ‘manage my emails’ including forgotten password all unsuccessful, it’s the same with Webmail. I am getting very frustrated. Can you help please.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @daveyjones 

The password change in MyAccount for each mailbox requires you to correctly enter the existing password. So, my assumption would be that you did change the passwords to the ones you wrote down and that's the current password assuming that you got a green banner message for each password change.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Your password has been updated.png

If you've no longer got access to the TalkTalk Mail sign in here then password recovery depends on having set up password Reset details.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option.

There will be up to 3 options if normal password recovery options are there:

1. The mailbox itself for routine password changes when the current password is known
  2. A mobile number for a 6 digit password reset code sent by SMS text
  3. An alternative email address for a password reset link

If options 2 or 3 are available then you have the tools to set a new password to access your tiscali mailbox at the TalkTalk Mail sign in here.  But ensure you recognise the options from the hints. Don't use them if you don't recognise them.

If only option 1 is there or you don't recognise the alternatives then you'll need TalkTalk to set up password recovery Reset details.

Let us know what you see.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

many thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I tried your suggestions and it has worked on the Pop3 account but not the Imap account. I tried the exact same steps but when I input the email address I want to get to and press continue it says it will send the reset code to the same address which I want to change the password for with no telephone option at all.

any idea what it might be?

Kind regards

David

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi daveyjones 

The email account that you call the 'IMAP' account doesn't have any password recovery set up and therefore we're going to call upon TalkTalk to set that up for you.

They'll need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the 'IMAP' email address and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR your MyAccount details
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

My Pop3 account stopped working again, I keep getting the message reported error (0x800ccc92) your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings, the server responded -ERR invalid login or password.

It was working fine up to last night and then this morning I am getting the above message.

Any idea what might have caused this?

Kind regards

David

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi David

First thing is to check that the mail account that you call the POP account is working via a browser and the TalkTalk Mail sign in here.

Compose a mail message and send that message to the same mailbox address. You should see the message in the Sent objects folder and then in the Inbox.  That's just to check the mailbox is sending and receiving and that the password is good.

Just confirm for me that in your MyAccount where you changed the mailbox password in My Mailboxes there is no yellow banner message. If there is, what does it say?

Then make sure you've backed up any downloaded and wanted mail messages to make sure you don't lose them because the next thing will be to remove and reinstate the mail account from the email client which is needed if the error is file corruption.  What email client are you using? WLM or Outlook? Which version?

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

When I compose a message and send to the same address, I get

The connection to remote server mail.talktalk.net was refused or timed out while attempting to connect. Please try again later.

In the mail password My Mailboxes there is a Yellow/orange banner at the bottom saying 'You have reached the maximum amount of email accounts'

I am using 'Outlook' email client version 2016.

Kind regards

daveyjones

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

While I am still waiting fr a member of the TT staff to contact me I thought I would use one of my other email accounts.which is a worldonline account. I have had this for many years and until recently I could receive emails but not send them, do you have any idea what the cause might be. Also in January I set up a new Imap mail account but I can't see it in the list of mail accounts or in webmail.

Kind regards

daveyjones

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @daveyjones 

There were some issues last week in receiving off-platform mail to mailboxes on the TalkTalk Mail platform. You may like to retry troubleshooting.

In your MyAccount, My Mailboxes you're allowed up to 5 mailboxes in total. The banner message indicates you cannot create or add more mailboxes to the list of the 5 that are shown. Quite normal.

But that does mean that any mailboxes that are not listed are liable to deletion. You may need to decide which of the 5 mailboxes you use are the most important ones to keep.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi, It seems my worldonline email is partially working in that I can receive emails but I can't send emails, don't know why?
My Imap email is still not working.

Kind regards

daveyjones
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi daveyjones 

You're still waiting on password recovery for your IMAP account. As for worldonline I'd need to see the server settings screenshots to be able to comment on the setup.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Gondola, I have sent screenshots of my server settings via email to help & support; hope this helps.

Regards

Jonesy
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi daveyjones 

You'd need to upload the images here using the Insert Photos icon (camera or picture icon for mobile uploads) that's above this Reply area.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Gondola, I can't see a insert photo icon above this reply area.
I have sent photo's of the server settings from outlook but I don't know why you are not receiving them unless it's because the reply address is a no reply address. Can you give me an email address that will get to you?

Regards

Jonesy
Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry, no email addresses.

When you hit the Reply button (not the Quick reply) you'll see a Subject box and Body and a row of icons above the body area.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Gondola,
I sent the screenshots yesterday, Hope you get them and you can sort out this problem.

Regards.

jonesy.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi daveyjones 

Sorry. I don't give out email addresses and no screenshots seen. Replying to TalkTalk community notification emails will send into oblivion.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

Doh, got it now please see enclosed screenshots.

Regards

Jonesy

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi daveyjones 

Screenshots seen and removed from public view. Also images moved to your hidden folder for your privacy.

The settings are ok. I wouldn't expect any problems. The username is ok i.e. username@worldonline.co.uk is valid and is registered on the platform. (insert your username)

But the system doesn't like the alias email address you@username.worldonline.co.uk and maybe the email client is confused by the alias address.

Highlighted
Team Player
I have had this email address for the past 20 years without any problems until a few months ago, so how can this be fixed?

Regards

Jonesy