Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't get my emails

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi daveyjones 

Have you tried signing in to your username@worldonline.co.uk via the TalkTalk Mail sign in?

When you get signed in do Update your reset details via the Main Settings Menu drop down list. You don't appear to have any password recovery details set up.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player
I have changed the username to username@worldonline.co.uk, and initially I couldn't get any emails at all.
However, after a delay I am now receiving emails again but I still can't send emails.
Do you have any other ideas?

Regards

Jonesy
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi daveyjones 

Have you been able to follow the advice in post 21? 

As for not sending emails I usually advise, when the settings look good, to untick the 'use same settings as incoming' and manually enter the email address and password in the smtp outgoing server configuration settings.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Gondola,
I don't appear to be getting any emails to my wordonline account now.

Regards

Jonesy
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @daveyjones 

Via webmail or email client or both?

Are you signing in to your username@worldonline.co.uk via the TalkTalk Mail sign in?

What happens when you send a message to the same mailbox? Message in the Sent objects folder and in the Inbox?

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes I am signing in to apps.talktalk.co.uk obscured for customer security

When I send a message to the same mailbox I get the following message.

The connection to remote server pop.tiscali.co.uk was refused or timed out while attempting to connect. Please try again later, and nothing appears in the sent folder or the inbox.

Sorry to be a pain, but I really would like to get my emails working again.

Regards

jonesy

Highlighted
Community Star

...and now repeat the sign in to https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite and without leaving that sign in or going anywhere else, compose and send the same email address i.e. your username@worldonline.co.uk (the same email address you just signed in to) and check that the message is in the Sent objects folder in TalkTalk Mail and then appears in the Inbox. 

I just need to know at this point that the online mailbox is working.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Gondola, still waiting for someone at TT to contact me regarding my email problems.
I think it might be quicker to delete the problem emails and create new one's.

Regards

jonesy
Highlighted
Community Star

...your choice. You're not giving any feedback so I cannot help you because Gondola's crystal ball hasn't come back from its annual repolishing.

I've asked TalkTalk to pick up this thread so I'll now leave it entirely to TT Staff.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks for your help anyway, I really appreciate it.

Regards

jonesy

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hi Dave, 

Can you reply to the private message ive just sent and we'll look at this. 

thanks

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi StephenF,

many thanks for getting back to me.

The emails I am having problems with are obscured for customer security I hope you can help in re-setting my passwords.

Kind regards.

David Jones.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi StephenF,

The email address's I have a problem with are as follows,

obscured for customer security

I would be grateful if you can sort these problems out for me.

Kind regards.

David Jones.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Stephen,
Just wandering if you received my reply to your last email?

David Jones.
Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Davey, 

I need you to share the detail of your mailboxes by responding to the private message ive sent you rather than posting in public for all to see, you can see your inbox for these messages here i have reset my previous message also. 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.