cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't login to email - error message "Connection timed out please try reloading the page...Reload"

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
JohnS9
First Timer

Hi I'm unable to login to my tiscali email from the TalkTalk mail web page. I can receive and send emails using the Windows mail app but need to access the account to reset password as someone else seems to have access to it.

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @JohnS9 

Is this the first time you've tried to sign in to TalkTalk Mail?  It looks like your security software is holding up the access. Are you running Kaspersky Internet Security perhaps?

• In Kaspersky Settings (cog icon)
  • Select Additional
  • Select Network
  • Under Encrypted Connections Scanning - Select Manage Exclusions
  • Add apps.talktalk.co.uk and newmail.talkalk.co.uk
  • Select the Add button
  • Close Kaspersky
  • And try the Webmail sign in again

Do you need further advice on changing a password to secure the mailbox? Or are you ok on that?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

JohnS9
First Timer

Hi Gondola, thanks this worked immediately. I thought I had already done this but obviously hadn't completed the process correctly! Doh 🙄

JohnS9
First Timer

This actually wasn't the first time I'd tried to log in, originally had this problem after the upgrade but then it went away.Came back a couple of weeks ago. Again many thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

...how's it going with the password change to secure the account?

JohnS9
First Timer

Haha...strange you should ask...couldn't find where to change it so tried to access My Account but that's not going well. I possibly don't have an active account.

Gondola
Community Star

...OK, if you're not a current or recent customer in the last 12 months then you'll not have access to MyAccount to change an email password. 

So, the way to reset the email password is via the Reset your Password option. On going through this link if there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown (your Reset details) that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password via an alternate recovery reset link.

If you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail then you can either select the password reset to be sent to the email account itself or, preferably, update Reset details first via the main menu and then follow the Reset your Password route. 

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon)
  • Select Update your reset details from the drop down list

JohnS9
First Timer

Hi, already done thanks, figured it out eventually. Password successfully changed (and checked by logging out and back in again).

Gondola
Community Star

...Nice one John.

Grateful thanks for confirming.

Community Team

Hi John59, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.