cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can’t send emails and lost mailboxes

5 REPLIES 5
First Timer

When checking my account I had to change my password. Since then I have been unable to send emails and I now only have an inbox. I deleted the account and then added it but this has made no difference as I keep getting notified that the user name or password is invalid. 

I have checked the settings and they seem to be correct. 

Appreciate advice but I get confused with computer speak so please be gentle with me 

thanks 

Kitty
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Kitty

What's the email domain - the bit after the @ in the email address - is it talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk or lineone.net or another?

Have you tried to sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

If you can sign in ok please compose and send the same mailbox a message to test if the mailbox is sending ok and receiving ok into the Inbox.

If you cannot sign in via the above link and the error message tells you the credentials are incorrect / password is incorrect then try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

Don't forget that if you're using an email client or email app and you change the password then the password stored in the email client or app does also need to be updated.

Just in case you need help from the TalkTalk team please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).

Then scroll down to Private notes to add your email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Kitty

How are you getting on?  Let us know and we can refine the help to get you fully back in action.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Kitty5, how are you getting on? Gondola has provided all the right information for you. 

Ady

Highlighted
First Timer

Apologies Gondola and everyone else who posted 

I have been away for the last few days. 

I did as you suggested as I continued to get the password incorrect message, and changed my password - again. This problem only started after having to change my password. But yay it worked. So many thanks K 

Kitty
Highlighted
Community Team

That's great, thanks for posting back to let us know.

Ady