Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't send emails from pipex email address to me.com address

13 REPLIES 13
SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

In the last hour I've been trying to send emails from my pipex.com address to a me.com address but they are all being rejected with this error message:

Reason: The following message to <name>@me.com was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  550 5.7.0 Blocked - see https://support.proofpoint.com/dnsbl-lookup.cgi?ip=212.74.114.22

Previously there was no problem and I've sent hundreds of emails to this address. What is causing the problem and how can I fix i?

SoozySoo
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SoozySoo 

The email address you're trying to get emails to is a valid Apple domain email and the mailbox test is good.

The advisory tells you that the SMTP sending IP address is not blocked by Apple.

However, the error code relates to an undefined security issue with the iCloud mailbox and the accompanying text does say blocked.

Your recipient may have inadvertently blocked your email address or the mailbox could be full. To troubleshoot this try sending from an alternate email address.

Are you sending via pipex webmail or via an email client? If via a client are you using SSL/TLS security?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

The recipient hasn't blocked me and their mailbox isn't full. I was using Outlook and I'm not using SSL/TLS security. I'll try sending a message from a different email account. 

SoozySoo
SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

I can send messages to the me.com address from an outlook.com email address but not from my pipex email adress. I'm still getting the 550 5.7.0 Blocked error message. What can I do????

SoozySoo
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SoozySoo 

When I checked the other day the SMTP server IP address wasn't being blocked. It is now. And the IP address is on some spam blacklists because of spam being reported as sent from the pipex mail server.

The pipex email admins will now need to remove the source of the reported spam and rebuild the reputation of the mail server. This may take some time.

In the meantime sign in to pipex webmail.

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the update. When you say "some time" do you mean hours or days or weeks ...?

SoozySoo
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SoozySoo 

The spam blocklists are usually temporary and anything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.

The source of the spam will be identified and shut down and that's what the pipex email admins will do.  The email admins will seek removal of the blocking in parallel with the reputation of the pipex server being rebuilt as spam reports diminish. 

I've alerted the team here so they can keep track of the situation.

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

It would be really helpful if we could be informed when this problem has been fixed, otherwise it sounds as though it will be a case of continual trial and error for the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

SoozySoo
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @SoozySoo 

As any feedback comes my way I'll let you know.

Community Team

Hi SoozySoo, I've asked the team if they know how long until this might be cleared. I'll post back if I hear anything. 

SoozySoo
Conversation Starter

I'm STILL having problems sending emails to mac.com/me.com addresses. When - if ever - is this going to be fixed?

SoozySoo
Gondola
Community Star

Hi

Some of the blocklists are now cleared. But the SORBS SPAM blocklisting is still current.

Community Team

Hi all, I've dropped a mail to email admins to see how long it's likely to be until we're clear of all the block lists. I'll post back once I hear from them. 

paulpmb
First Timer

Hi @SoozySoo, I have a similar problem, can you send me the admin email address please.