Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't send or receive messages on my Tiscali email

7 REPLIES 7
Dave75
Team Player

Last night I changed the password used to access My Account. Now this morning I find that I can neither send or receive messages. I receive the message " cannot get mail. The username or password for tiscali.co.uk is incorrect "".

Does the password used to access My Account have to be the same as the one used and registered for my tiscali e mail account ?

in Settings on my iPad which password should I use for my e mail address should it be my e mail account one or the one used to access My account.

I am completely at a loss as how to proceed. Could someone please talk me through what to do.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave75 

It is confusing but when you use a talktalk mailbox as the MyAccount login then the MyAccount password is the same as the email password.

To check the tiscali mailbox is working then sign in here to TalkTalk Mail and use the tiscali email address and manually type in the new password to check the mailbox is working. 

When you're happy that the mailbox sign in is ok then update the passwords on your email apps. Note that any browser or email client stored passwords will need to be updated.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Dave75
Team Player

Hello Gondola

I accessed the link that you gave me but was unable to sign in using either my original registered password for my email account or the new password that I set up last night to access My Account. Last night I only changed the password to access My Account and not the one originally registered when setting up my tiscali account.

Sorry for the slow reply but my TalkTalk is very sluggish today.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave75 

Maybe it's just a coincidence that the mailbox password has been changed.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the email password.

If that's fixed the email password then let us know. If you cannot get access to the tiscali email because no Reset details are set up then let us know as you'll need TalkTalk help to set those up for you.

Dave75
Team Player

Hello Gondola

Thanks to  your help I received instructions from the TalkTalk team with a link to change my password. This has  now been done and things are now back to normal working order. I had not realised that my email account password and the password required to access My Account were the same. All my fault but due to ignorance rather than carelessness.

Thank you once again for all your help in this matter.

This forum never fails to come up with a solution thanks to members like you.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave75 

You're welcome.  Thanks for taking time out to let us know the password issue is resolved. Your feedback is always good.

Just as a follow up, if you haven't got Reset details set up for a future email password change then whilst you can sign in to your TalkTalk mailbox you'll find Update your reset details is an option on the main menu.  You'll need an alternate active email address and mobile 'phone number.

Menu options - Update your reset details.png

Community Team

Hi Dave75, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

Community Team

Thanks for continuing to support your fellow community members Gondola. 

Ady