Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't send using email clients

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

I have spent 2 hours with 3 different live chat helpers on this problem this afternoon.

I have a legacy tiscali e-mail account. I have joined TalkTalk Mail Plus ☹️ and paid my £50. I have being using email clients on iPad, Android phone and Windows 10 with no problems until today. I can now only recieve and not send using the clients. My webmail works with no problem on both Safari and Firefox and I have only used 1 GB of my mail quota.

Interestingly my wife's legacy tiscali account - and which we have not paid to retain - has also stopped working with her clients today.

It seemed that the online team did not really get the problem and we spent time sending e-mails from webmail. However during the last online session - about 3pm - all the clients suddenly sprang to life and started working fully again ........................ but they've now stopped again.

So my account is behaving exactly as TalkTalk threatened it would if I didn't join Mail Plus - and given all the above I can't think there's another explanation?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @PhilBennington 

It's always possible there's an authentication problem and getting access to the mail servers. The tiscali server is responding promptly right now and seems to be no indication of problems.

So, to troubleshoot. Just confirm for me that your tiscali mailbox that's having send problems is added to your MailPlus MyAccount (Click here to sign in)Managing your email in My Account You can, if you have less than 5 mailboxes already added, add your wife's email address. You just need the address and its password.

Please check the sign in to your TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok. And, when there, check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel> Auto forward - disable > Filter rules - disable.

And go back to Mail and Compose a mail message and send that to the same mailbox address that you're signed in to. If you don't see an error message then the message should be in the Sent objects folder and then appear in and stay in the Inbox.

I'm just double checking that webmail is working as expected and you're not seeing any error messages. If you do get send error messages then I'd need the description and TT code. 

What email client are you using on the Windows 10 device?  So far as you know the email settings are as recommended? Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks for the reply.

I have added my wife’s email to Mail Plus - both my and her email addresses appear there in my account.

I have followed the steps you suggested with webmail and it is working fine.

All of the clients I use - Mail on iPad, Bluemail on Android phone and Bluemail on Windows 10 - have the problem sending at the same time. So yesterday afternoon they all started working and then stopped. Last night they started working again but have now stopped again. I have been using them for some time without problems and haven’t changed any settings.

Phil

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi PhilBennington 

I've asked you for error messages; so if there are none, how do you know the email apps aren't working?  What tells you none of the apps are working?  And then what tells you when they resume working?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Phil, 

The fact that they are in myaccount should prevent them from being limited in this way. I've sent you a private message so we can get some more info and look into this for you. 

Thanks

Stephen 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.