Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can you delete my tiscali email address

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi

i have a tiscali email address which has been hi-jacked and is being used by another person. 

I don’t have access to the account and can’t recover password. I don’t use this account and it would be great if someone could help me delete it. All details are in my profile. 

Jean

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Jean

To maintain your personal security then full deletion of a redundant tiscali email address is a good decision. 

The Data Protection Team will delete an email account for you under your General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Right to Erasure.  Here's the TalkTalk advice article related to the GDPR. Scroll down and select the section Your right to be forgotten also known as Right to Erasure for instructions for requesting that your email account and any contents are authorised for deletion by the Data Protection team. 

Contact details are in the article.  I'd suggest writing but if you do use the normal contact details for Customer Services and ask to be put through to the Data Protection team I'd suggest weekdays 9am - 4pm for the best success.

As well as your identification they'll need proof that you're the registered user of the email address including:

• Email address for deletion
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Your current contact details

Account verification is managed by the Data Protection team before email account deletion is authorised as deletion of personal data is not reversible. 

Reports say that the process is handled quickly but do please update us on the outcome as it's good to get feedback.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jean, the advice given by Gondola is spot on. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.