would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot Reset Tiscali Email Password

4 REPLIES 4
elainesymonds12
First Timer

Hi,

I have been using my tiscali email address for 15 years + For somereason my iphone and iPad kicked me out and wanted me to confirm my password. What I thought it was no longer works and I have no way of resetting it as I never added recovery information into it. So I have no reset details (according to your webmail reset wizard). Please can a support person help me. It is the only account I have that allows me to keep in contact with anyone..

Thanks,

Elaine

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @elainesymonds12

The email system detects weak passwords* or compromised email accounts and changes the password or locks an account for customer security.

Noted that you have not previously set up Password Recovery for the email address. But if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed as one of the 5 email addresses. If there's an empty space in the list, you may be able to add the email address with the Manage Existing Emails option.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with account or password recovery.

* The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) comes into force on 25 May 2018. The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). Password strength is crucially important in order to help secure and protect personal data.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Elaine, I need a landline and the full address in order to get the password reset for you. 

elainesymonds12
First Timer

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to me, I have put my original address information and landline originally connected to my Tiscali account into the private notes section.

I hope that is enough to assist, I am available throughout the day to take a phone call. I have moved from that address now so the landline will not work for me but my mobile hasnt changed.

THanks,

Elaine.

Community Team

Thanks Elaine, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call later today with your new password. Please let us know how you get on.