cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot access emails when logged into TalkTalk. Says connection timed out.

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Ady

Have not been able to get emails directly from TalkTalk webpage but can get them via outlook. Been like this since new emai layout launched.

Can you help?

Regards

Paul

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul, does it say that in all browsers?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Paul

It's most likely an Internet Security software issue holding up the access that requires a workaround adding an exclusion to the Internet Security scanning settings.

Are you seeing the following error message "Connection timed out please try reloading the page...Reload" or If you're having issues logging in after your account has been upgraded then we recommend checking your antivirus settings and allowing the following;

• apps.talktalk.co.uk
 Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have tweaked Kaspersky to allow the URL apps.talktalk.co.uk (as suggested in another reply) and can now access with Opera, but not Chrome. 

I am a novice with Kaspersky and may have made incorrect tweaks.

Does this help?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you for response. I have tweaked Kaspersky to allow the apps.talktalk.co.uk  and I can get access through Opera but not Chrome.   Is there anything else I can try?

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @XTR_36 

For Kaspersky Internet Security it's: Settings > Additional > Network > Manage Exclusions - add apps.talktalk.co.uk

In Chrome have a look at the Extensions that are active chrome://extensions/ and temporarily switch off any blocking software like ad-blockers to troubleshoot those as a potential additional reason for not getting connected to TalkTalk Mail.

Usually, once the Kaspersky exclusion is added to the network scanning you should be able to access your apps and mailbox just fine.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Problem seems solved. Thank you very much for help today. Regards, Paul 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Paul

You're very welcome. Grateful thanks for taking time out to let us know you can now access TalkTalk Mail.

If you have any questions about the Webmail interface the Help pages accessed via the question mark on the blue header bar should answer most issues. 

Have a look at Using TalkTalk Mail or Start a topic in the email forum for any new help requests. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul, thanks for posting back to let everyone know that Gondola has got you sorted. I've marked Gondola's thread as best answer for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.