Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot access my TalkTalk account or TalkTalk email

9 REPLIES 9
cybaa80
Chatterbox

I am unable to access either my TalkTalk account or my TalkTalk email, as I belive that I have been hacked, since my password no longer works.  I cannot receive a password reset, as I cannot access my TalkTalk email account.  How do i contact TalkTalk to resolve this issue?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @cybaa80 

Have you got an alternate recovery method set up for your MyAccount login? Normally you'd have an alternate email address and a mobile phone number?

MyAccount Password Recovery link click here

Let me know what you find.

As the self-help password recovery options haven't been set up for the talktalk email address I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

In the meantime, please double check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

cybaa80
Chatterbox

Thank you for your very prompt response!

I was very remiss in not setting up any fallback email, so I am rather stuck as any password resets are being sent to the email that I cannot access!

cybaa80
Chatterbox

Can I be provided with some idea as to when I will hear from TalkTalk?

It would be nice to know that at the least, they have locked my account, so that whoever has hacked my account cannot do anything else!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @cybaa80 

I have no visibility of TalkTalk team workflow, or present priorities but I have asked for some help here and help has started to arrive.  We had a flurry of support yesterday from the top man.

I'm only too aware that we haven't had the regular TalkTalk support for email and webmail for over 2 weeks now.

The UK support team that we can normally rely on for support during weekday office hours has been redeployed to help vulnerable and key workers remain connected to broadband and phone services. That team is now working 7 days a week from early morning to late evening.

You're still flagged up as needing urgent support and I'll make sure you're not missed.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

cybaa80
Chatterbox

Thank you!

Just hope it doesn't take too long!

simonb
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @cybaa80

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

SimonB
cybaa80
Chatterbox

I have just added the requested information!

Thanks

simonb

Hi @cybaa80 i'm sending you a PM to request some more information

Thanks

SimonB
simonb

Hi cybaa80 thanks for confirming that your issue has been resolved!

SimonB