Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot access talktalk account or email

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

My dad cannot access his talktalk account or email.  His password is incorrect.

Unfortunately his password reset and recovery details are out of date(including mobile phone number and as he cannot access email account, email link cannot be sent to him)

How can he gain access to his emails and account?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Gerjen 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't available. A TT Staff member will verify your dad as the registered email user and set up Reset details so he can get the password changed.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add your dad's details, name full account holder address, the email address and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify your dad as the mail user; so be prepared to ask your dad provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • His Full Name
  • His Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered to him OR the TalkTalk account holder security answers
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile number to receive a password reset link or code.

When he's verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing him to set his own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Advise him to ensure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Gerjen, 

With it not being your account i'm limited in what i can discussion unless you have a password on the account however i'll send you a private message with some questions if you could reply i'll see what i can do and if i'm unable to help i'll arrange for someone to contact him. 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.