would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot change email password

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi 

I have an older LINEONE account (@lineone.net) with the same problem. How can I reset the password on it without a talktalk account?

Moderator Note: Laggsy - To see your post, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the Community notification email. If you've registered with the lineone email then change to an alternate email in your Community profile and verify that email.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Laggsy

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the Lineone email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. If not, the password can be changed for you after a bit of ownership verification.  Just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with setting a new ultra-strong password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

My Profile has been updated. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Laggsy, please add all the information from the list in Gondola's last post. Once it's all in your private notes post back to let me know it's sorted. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks. I have added what I can to the private notes.

Highlighted
Community Team

Laggsy, I'm sorry, but I can' t raise a fault ticket without all the information. If you're not able to provide the information I can't help. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sorry, I cannot provinde information I do not have

Email address affected. - Supplied

Your Full Name. - Supplied

Date of Birth. - Supplied

Phone number linked to the Lineone email address when first registered. - Do not have as was about 15 years ago

Full postal address linked to the Lineone email address when first registered. - Supllied two possible post codes. I will update with full address for both.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Two possible address added to profile.

Highlighted
Community Team

As I said I can't help without all the information. You could try raising a complaint to the CEO team as they can sometimes access accounts that the rest of the teams can't.