cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot create a new @talktalk.net email address.

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
an1sa_k
Whizz Kid

I've been trying to create a new @talktalk.net email address for the past few days, with no luck.

I keep getting an error message, and although I know that this same error message is shown even if there's already an existing email address like the one you're trying to sign up with, I'm completely sure that my address is unique, and won't have been used before. 

I think there's an issue somewhere else. Please can someone check what's happening and resolve the issue ASAP. 

I don't have any email addresses linked to my account, FYI. 

Many thanks. 

Anisa Khalifa
Gondola
Community Star

Hi an1sa_k 

There's a system error right now and the process for adding a new mail address is not able to access the talktalk email address database to verify that an email address does not exist.

You're likely correct that your proposed new address is unique but the system needs to verify that with the database and then add your new mailbox address to the database to complete the process.

I'll alert the talktalk team for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

an1sa_k
Whizz Kid

Hi @Gondola. Thank you very much for your insight. I hope the issue is swiftly fixed and doesn't last long. 

I think the Service Status page should be updated to let TalkTalk Customer's know that this is a known issue. 

Many thanks,

Anisa Khalifa.

Anisa Khalifa
Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi an1sa_k 

Would you retry please.  Looks to me as though the email address database access issue is fixed.

Let us know the outcome.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

an1sa_k
Whizz Kid

Hi @Gondola. I'm pleased to confirm that the issue seems to be resolved. It has let me create the email address. 

Thanks for your support.

Anisa Khalifa