Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot delete old email account in 'my account'

3 REPLIES 3
DFILM
Chatterbox

Moderator Note: Duplicate closed topic - open topic is here in the My Account forum.

I am trying to link email addresses to my account and currently have 5 assigned, which I understand is the limit.  I am trying to link some legacy accounts, and need to delete one of the existing linked email accounts.

The system will not allow this and keeps replying  ‘Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later.’ 

I believe this is because the email address has not been used for years, and may be deleted or orphaned.

How can I remove this account? I need to link valid email addresses that are regularly used, but am stuck on 5 as this problem account will not delete?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @DFILM 

There are issues for some customers in managing talktalk mail addresses via MyAccount. Currently being investigated. I see you have another post in the Billing forum that's been picked up by OCE_Arne.

If you update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add the email address you wish to delete to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and provide help.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

DFILM
Chatterbox
Thanks
I have logged a call with Talk Talk support to resolve and am awaiting a callback.  Will wait to see if that works first to avoid any confusion!

Please can you tell me what OCE stands for?
Gondola
Community Star

Hmm... I think you've got the best person in OCE_Arne to check out the status of your MyAccount and get the back-office team on the case.

OCE = Online Community Executive.  Part of a small but very effective UK team providing support to our online Community.

But as always it's your choice of which support route you go down.  If it were me I'd update my Community Profile and take up Arne's offer of support.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer