Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot log into my tiscali email - unable to load messages

12 REPLIES 12
audrey12
Chatterbox

please help - I can no longer get into my tiscali e-mail - I have used this for several years and have many important contacts going to it.  Get no further than the loading screen.

I do not have a talktalk account as thransfered from tiscali when talktalk took over.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @audrey12

First, would you verify your Community membership please. Here's a note:

Moderator Note: To see your posts, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email. If you've registered with an email address you cannot access then change the Community profile settings email to an alternate and please verify that.

When you try to login to your Tiscali email via Webmail https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/ does it appear to accept the login or do you get an error message about a wrong email or password? The issue is either that the password has been changed or if it accepts the login then there's a corruption of the inbox.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the Tiscali email address? You could try the Reset your Password option.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with mail account or password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi audrey12, please post back once you've added the information that Gondola requested. It will also help if you can confirm if you're able to login but not access mail or you get a username or password invalid error. 

audrey12
Chatterbox

Sorry cannot confirm membership as e-mail is not working.

I can get as far as the loading screen and then the account does not load.  I had a password reset option using my husband's email account but his e-mail has the same issue.  I have added all details to private area.

audrey12
Chatterbox

Have just managed to get in and so have replied to community to confirm e-mail.  Still very hit and miss whether I get into account.

Community Team

Hi audrey12, I've run a repair on your mailbox for you. Are you getting the same issue in other browsers?

audrey12
Chatterbox

Still having same issue - tried to login again today and only get as far as the loading page.

audrey12
Chatterbox

Still getting same issue - tried to login today and only got as far as the loading page.

Community Team

Hi audrey12, I've logged into your email account and opened some of the generic mails everything seems to be functioning ok. I've tested in Google Chrome. Which browsers have you tested with?

audrey12
Chatterbox

I am using IE11.  Is that the issue ?

audrey12
Chatterbox

Have downloaded Google Crome and it seems to work!  Thank you

Community Team

Not necessarily, you should be able to use all browsers, but sometimes browsers do get slow and run badly. If you can test with chrome or Firefox and see what happens. If it's ok then we know to look for issues with I.E.

Community Team

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know.