Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot login to BTINTERNET from iPhone/PC using talk talk

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Ambrazul,

Have you had any joy with this, had exactly the same problem, which started about 3 weeks ago.

Am using BT mail address on macbook pro in apple mail, I cannot access this using TT network at home, however, I can if I connect through my i-Phone and 4G, I have taken my macbook to work and given it to an Apple tech support, (we have them at my work in a Uni), my mail worked perfectly at work using the Uni network, they checked all settings and reloaded account, took it home and didnt work again on TT. 

I have looked through all the advice given on this thread and have tried all of the above, still no joy, I can access my BT account using their web browser in safari but not on Apple Mail, this appears to be a TT problem, they seem to be next to useless in offering a fix!

Any further advice would be welcome.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mariedo1, what settings are you using for Bt mail in the APP?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi there,

We’re still having this problem.

As our Mail apps can receive emails on 4g and on other WiFi networks it’s clearly a talk talk problem. 

Please can someone do something? If it is not fixed in the next two days we will be cancelling our subscription and moving providers.

Sally

Highlighted
Chatterbox
We’re not trying to send ‘BT Mail across TalkTalk mail servers’. We are trying to send/receive email in the Apple Mail App on TalkTalk WiFi network using BT Mail server settings in the App. These settings are correct because the app works fine when on 4g and any other WiFi network. This is a TalkTalk problem and needs to investigated as soon as possible. Please let me know when this has been raised with someone more senior and what the response/action is. Thank you.
Highlighted

Hi SallyWilson, please start your own thread and update your community profile to include your landline and mobile numbers. I'll need the OS and App version and other tests you've carried out with other devices in order to raise a fault ticket for you. Once I've got that I'll be able to raise the fault ticket for you.

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks. I have started my own thread. All Apple devices are up to date with latest iOS and BT internet emails send/receive fine on all of them when not on TalkTalk WiFi at home.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have also been having the same problem for about 3 weeks.

have deleted account and set it back up again.

i can get my by internet mail if I turn my wifi off and use my 4g.

talk talk needs to sort this out. 

I can get my emails everywhere except from my home wifi

Highlighted

Hi all, are you able to access your mail via the BTinternet webmail page? Our admins have asked for this in order to establish the possible causes of the problem.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes and on every other network OTHER THAN TALK TALK

Highlighted

Ok that's good. What if you try a different mail app a non Apple one, does that work?

Highlighted
First Timer

At least 10 hours wasted for me so far without any joy, all I get it Talktalk don’t support 3rd parties or BT 

anyone had had any luck at all? 

Highlighted
First Timer

This is rubbish from talktalk. I have recently (last week) had the same problem when trying to access btmail from a friend's talktalk wifi. And I am using an android phone via the google email app (NOT gmail). Problems are EXACTLY the same as outlined above BUT I can access a Sky email account via the app and talktalk wifi. So their comment re not supporting third parties is rubbish. It only seems to be btmail. It perhaps has reached the point of raising this with the IT press.

Highlighted
First Timer

I should add to the above that I have never previously had a problem with my friend's tslktalk wifi, going back several years. But like others above it all went wrong around the second week of December. Perhaps that's where tt should start looking whether any system changes were made aroundvthat time.

Highlighted

Hi Prairiedog, could you ask your friend to post and update their profile with their landline number and include the rough time and date that you tested this. Could you confirm the Device model and android version along with the email app and version too please? This all helps to locate the cause of the problem.

Highlighted

Hi Marc204, could you update your profile to include your landline number. It would really help if you could also post the devices you've been using along with the OS and email client/app and versions used. Dates and times would help too.

Highlighted

Hi all, there are now 6 of you with this complaint. Only 1 has provided telephone numbers and a screenshot. I need at least 5 landline numbers to raise this to our incident team to investigate. Please post as soon as you've added the details.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

my first time on here but I am experiencing the same issue. I have some inportant (to me) BT email addresses that until a few days ago I was accessing using MS LiveMAil with the server settings 'mail.btinternet.com' for incoming mail and 'smtp.talktalk.net' for outgoing mail. I have been using these settings for years!

I can get to the mail with these settings if I am on 4G or another ISP but not using Talktalk. The only common link in the failure to connect is Talktalk. What has changed and what is being done to identlfy and cure the problem? HELP!

I have spoken to the helpdesk but they do not seem to understand the problem.

Regards

BobJ

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello there,

We’re still having this issue despite accessing help from all available Talktalk support services, community, phone, twitter etc. Nobody seems to have an answer despite weeks of supposed ‘investigation’.

I am left with no option but to move to another provider.

Sally

p.s. Best of luck to everyone else having this issue; I hope you manage to solve it and enjoy, what these days should be, the simple act of sending and receiving emails via WiFi in your own home.

Highlighted

Hi Sally, I'm afraid you're the only customer to provide the additional information I've asked for. We need the additional information in order to try and identify what could be causing this.

Highlighted
Participant

same here...........