cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot login to BTINTERNET from iPhone/PC using talk talk

Highlighted
Participant

I have the same problem...............have wasted hours...........and have been told by talk talk that its not their problem. BT say it is................groan.

Highlighted
Participant

Ive got the same issue and the same frustrations that talk talk dont appear to have any high level technical expertise. I have found that using a proxy works. I use betternet app. load that up and the mail works fine. 

Still need to understand why this is hapenning......

Highlighted
Team Player
But that's no different to using the btinternet mail portal. I want to open up one app to see all my different mail as I have been doing for years. Cheapskate AOL policies.
Galvaniser
Highlighted
Participant

You are absolutely correct. I have wasted hours on this issue which is the same as yours. ie btemails no longer can be received via talk talks bradband connection but can everywhere else on windows outlook, apple ipad and android phone. Talk Talk dont appear to have a tachnical expertise to deal with this. 

Highlighted
Participant

I do empathise with you.......same for me. I find I can send however, just not receive...............is it same for you?

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Ambrzul

I have exactly tge same issue, started at tge same time.- have you found a fix?

i can access my email from anywhere in the world, exept my own home over talktalk broadband - so I have concluded there is nothing wrong witk my BT settings.

My "fix" from home is to use Nord vpn and access via Netherlands!

Talktalk will release you from your contact after 28 days if they cant fix issue - provided you ask them to start the clock.

regards 

David

Highlighted
Participant

Hi

I'll gladly give you my landline number to help get this issue sorted - obscured for customer security - I have had the same problem since 12th December 2017. Have wasted hours talking to well meaning people who haven't a clue what the issue is. My first incident number was 171221-000770.

Today I was told that TT hadn't made any network changes - well from my experience sometimes techies do things without realising the consequences!

David

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David, it's unlikely that the engineers would have checked to see if BT mail still worked in any case. On a network as massive as ours there's always work going on, what we've not discovered yet is what if anything is at fault. Please add your landline number to your community profile. It will also help if you can provide details of the devices, OS and applications that you're using to access your mail.

Highlighted
Participant

Yes I will add landline to my profile.

The devices being uses are an iPhone, iPad and windows 7 Laptop (using Outlook) - all of which can access btinternet email accounts form anywhere in the world except over my TalkTalk Broadband from home - since 12th December.  Webmail server services (HTTP protocol) are OK it seems to be TalkTalk's SMTP/POP services are the issue.

Highlighted

Hi DavidFThompson, are you using BT mail server settings or TalkTalk?

Highlighted
Participant

Hi, I am using BT settings.  To reiterate there is nothing wrong with the settings as all 3 devices work fine from anywhere other than over TalkTalk broadband from my home.

David

Highlighted

Hi David, I appreciate that, but I have to be able to answer the questions when I'm asked. Some of you are using BT settings and others TalkTalk smtp server for some reason. We need the whole picture for the techs to find the cause of the problem.

Highlighted
Participant
OK understood - thanks for trying to resolve this, I really want to stay with TalkTalk and was fearing no one was taking this issue seriously.
Highlighted
Participant

You are not alone.............i have the same issue...............started at the same time and has now been going on for many weeks. Still no resolution.

Highlighted
Participant

It is a real pain - we just have to stay on Talk Talk's case.  It is just not good enough to say "webmail" works so its not our problem.  Just because http protocol works it doesnt mean they didnt do something to effect email protocol access. The guy from the Community Team seems like he wants to get to the cause of the issue.

Highlighted

I do. I want you to go away happy rather than having to post daily asking for help or answers. I believe we may now have access to a BT mail account so the engineers are able to do more extensive testing. I'll post back once I have more for you.

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for update

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for your persistence, it is encouraging to know that pressure is being maintained. You mention that a BT email address is now available, I offered one but have not been contacted so I assume it has been obtained by another route.

I have been contacted by phone, by a 'Support Manager' and have been assured that the issue has been escalated to 'Technical', I await their response.

Regards

Bob J.

Highlighted

Myself and a colleague are both running tests now and having now problems with sending or receiving. He's using a pc with Outlook. I'm using android phone with default mail app.

Can you post your IP addresses so that I can see if there's any similarities? If you need to know how just type what'smyipaddress in your search bar and it'll tell you your IP address.

Highlighted

I'm sending mail every 30 minutes at the moment to various addresses. Are any of you having problems now?