Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot login to BTINTERNET from iPhone/PC using talk talk

Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

I am still having problems and have just had a call from a 'talkTalk Support manager' telling me that BtInternet is not supported by TalkTalk but they are about to send me the settings to enable me to access via the TT network. I suspect they do not understand the problem. I am awaiting the email!

By the way my Ip address is 79:66:171:153.

regards

Bob J.

Highlighted
Participant

Still the same..........can send but not receive

IP 79.67.149.100

Highlighted
Participant

I have just received the promised email.

It was jsut a link to the existing webpages that I checked when the problem first appeared.

This is very frustrating, it just shows that either they do not understand the problem, they don't accept there is a problem or that they don't have the knowledge to solve the problem.

The phrase that comes to mind is that the email was 'as useful as a chocolate teapot'.

I re-iterate, the system worked well for me until late January, I was able to send and receive BtInternet emails. Something was changed. Using consistent settings I can now only get the BTInternet mail if 1) I use a proxy server, 2) I am connected via $G and 3) connected via an alternative ISP.

Regards to all.

Bob J.

Highlighted
Participant

I am still having the same problems.

Highlighted
Participant

BTW the IP address of my ipad is 192.168.1.7

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Bob, your interactions with telephone and live chat support are not linked to what I'm doing for you. You're welcome to contact them, you'll just end up frustrated.

Highlighted
Participant

You are not wrong about the frustration!

Highlighted
Community Team

I've been able to send and receive at every attempt throughout the afternoon. I'm going run some more tests from home and will post back.

Highlighted
Community Team

I'm afraid so far all our testing is failing to prove any fault. Each test successfully sending and receiving emails. We'll keep testing in the hope that we can identify the cause of the problem.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi - thanks for update.

Just to clarify  - you are testing via an email protocol program like Apple Mail or Outlook and not just testing via a http// Webmail app?

Highlighted
Participant

mine STILL isnt working....outlook, android,ipad.........all will not receive bt emails. can send on all however.

Highlighted
Participant

I cannot send or receive on any device. 

Highlighted
Community Team

I'm testing via an android mobile using the default android mail app and a MacBook using Macmail. I've been testing repeatedly in order to try to prove the fault that you're all seeing to no avail.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Well I started this whole subject and now it gets much more confusing. I have two phone lines at home but only had one broadband with TT on fibre fast. Because we could not access our email from our iphones I changed to Virgin. Everything works perfectly. However as as above I retained one phone line with TT and could not be bothered to change this to another provider and when I renewed this line the price with or without broadband at 17mbs was very much the same so I renewed and included broadband as a back up to my Virgin 100mbs. HEY PRESTO THE TT BROADBAND ALLOWS ME TO CONNECT TO MY BTINTERNET!!!!

TT need to work out what it is they are doing to prevent this access problem. I am not technical enough but surely TT must have experts who can sort this kind of problem. I am happy to disclose my line numbers if required!!!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Ambrazul, please add the TT number to private notes in your community profile.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Number entered in profile

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks. I've continued testing and so far no matter what IP address I have the mail is sending and receiving normally. We have to find out what those who are affected are doing/settings etc differently to those that are working. So far I've found no common factors.I'll keep looking.

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for adding that. I've continued testing and so far no matter device, OS or location I test it works fine. We'll continue testing, but so far we're unable to confirm a fault on the system.

Highlighted
Participant

Hello All,

first of all, thanks for all your efforts in trying to resolve this issue.

Now, just for clarification, I still have no connection via my TalkTalk connection using either my PC or an Android tablet.

On the PC I am using Windows Livemail 2011 with the settings:

POP3 Server mail.btinternet.com, Port 995, SSL enabled and clear authentication.

SMTP Server mail.btinternet.com, Port 465, SSL enabled

On the tablet I am using IMAP.

Incoming settings: Server mail.btinternet.com, Port 993, Security SSL/TLS

Outgoing settings: Server mail.btinternet.com, Port 465, Security SSL/TLS

(All as populated automatically when setting up)

Hope this may be of some help.

regards

Bob J.

Highlighted
Participant

Bob

This is not the long term answer but you might want to try connecting via a VPN service.

regards

David