cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot register mailboxes. Keep getting function not valid response. I am a broadband customer.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Received a message saying that access to my accounts would be restricted from 5/2/20 as no longer associated to a broad band account. Tried to follow instructions to register mailboxes but "manage talktalk mail keeps responding Functions not valid. can only access email through web mail. cannot now get using Outlook. what is going on please.

Technical dept having managed to sort out yet  

David Perkins
Community Star

Hi David

Looks like you're one of the first to experience having the TalkTalk Mail access via an email client restricted because the mailbox isn't associated with a current broadband MyAccount or a Mail Plus MyAccount. Managing your email in My Account 

There is an issue with your MyAccount if you get the orange banner Functions not available error message.

Functions not available.

It's already reported as an incident but I've alerted the TalkTalk team for you.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details and fix the MyAccount issue for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi DJP001, I can get the email addresses added yo your MyAccount. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information.

Ady