cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot reset my tiscali email can someone help please?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Can someone please help to reset my tiscali email please it wont allow me to change my password has it been hacked i wonder?

Boulty
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Boulty 

Are you trying to change the password via your MyAccount?

Managing your email in My Account 

Do you think the mailbox has been hacked?  If you need reassurance that your devices are good to use to change passwords then please scan for viruses and malware before making any password changes.  Just in case you inadvertently downloaded a keylogger.

A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or blocking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. You may need help to recover access.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset.

Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. If there's an alternate shown (not just the option to send a reset to the mailbox itself) that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

Let us know what you find.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

When i go to reset it has someone elses number and someone elses talktalk email so cannot receive reset codes etc whoever this is has hacked my email

Boulty
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Boulty 

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't yours I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify you as the registered email user, secure your mailbox and set up new Reset details so you can get the password changed.

In the meantime, please checck your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header or cog icon on mobile browser)> Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel> Auto forward - disable > Filter rules - disable.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer
Thank you so much for your help
Boulty
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Boulty,

I have sent you a PM, if you could respond to that please?

Thanks

SimonB
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Boulty

Have you managed to access your emails now?

Thanks

SimonB