Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot send from tiscali smtp on iphone or pc but can from webmail

10 REPLIES 10
richardlister
Conversation Starter

says everything I think. Just stopped today. Any ideas - says password is invalid but password is same for receiving and logging in and they all work ok.

R

Richard Lister
Community Team

Hi richardlister, have you tried removing and readding the account to the mail app? It's been working for others when they've had the same problem. 

richardlister
Conversation Starter
Tried that but didn’t work. Changed smtp outgoing to talktalk.net from Tiscali.co.uk and it works!!!

Wife’s iPhone still works on Tiscali. Any ideas what’s happening.
Can’t say if outlook fixed as at work now.
Thanks for helping.
R
Richard Lister
Community Team

It's not uncommon for mail to mess up occasionally when using mail clients. Always a good idea to remove and readd the account in a kind of turn it off and on again trick. Also worth double checking our help articles to ensure the settings are still correct. 

richardlister
Conversation Starter

with outgoing set as smtp.talktalk.net they are taking a long time to be sent whereas before they were instant from my phone.

Main problem is I cannot send from webmail now. I get

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: obscured for customer security (554 - 554 5.2.0 5rKOippV43OOM Sender Denied (TT607)

What on earth is going on? Is it me or are there problems and I should just wait.

regards,

R

Richard Lister
Community Team

Hi richardlister, tt607 means our systems detected multiple logins using your mail login from multiple sites. I suspect it was your attempts to get your mail working, but that's what blocked you from sending. 

richardlister
Conversation Starter

@OCE_Ady there must be something going on Ady with Tiscali surely. Others are having same issues as here. It's all stopped again today. I've deleted the account and set it with the tiscali imap settings and cannot send again. Receiving is ok. Outlook on pc not sending but Webmail is. I've logged in with same password on webmail and that is valid. I just keep getting asked for password in outlook and iphone saying username or password for xxxx@tiscali.co.uk is incorrect.

Same on Mrs L iphone now.

At first I thought it might be new ios but outllook on pc having same issue - it must be at your end surely.

Can you help? I've spent so much time on this over the past 3 days.

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
Community Team

Hi Richard, we've got no open incidents for any issues with SMTP. With so few customers complaining it's hard to get an incident raised especially as we don't support mail clients and your webmail is working normally. 

Highlighted
richardlister
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Ady ,

and thanks for prompt reply - nice to at least know someone is there - don't know how you do it as you are all over this place including the TV box also!

I've reset my email password to a longer stronger one as I've been worried for some time about the strength of it and the fact I've had it for a while.

I'm now receiving fine on all devices and webmail but still cannot send via smtp.tiscali.co.uk on iphone and outlook. Neither can Mrs L. Sending vie webmail is ok.

Do I have options for outgoing - ie can I send differently? Why would it just stop in outlook AND ios? I'd understand if it was the client if they'd changed something but not both simultaneously surely?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for continued support.

R

Richard Lister
richardlister
Conversation Starter

all sending well! On all devices. Then stops again asking for password moments later on both iphone and outlook. There must be something wrong as I'm not doing anything or changing anything here and I'm sure Microsoft and Apple aren't changing things at exactly the same time so it cannot be client!

Richard

Richard Lister
Community Team

I didn't say it was their fault. I said without enough customers reporting the same thing I can't raise an incident and we cannot raise a fault ticket for email client issues as we don't provide mail clients. If hundreds report it across the business it'll get investigated, but I'm afraid for 3 or 4 we can't raise an incident.