Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cant access tiscali email - invalid username/password

4 REPLIES 4
hobby1993
First Timer

I cant access my emails as it says the username or password is invalid. Havent been a customer with talktalk in years but still used the email address. I cant use 'my account' because the email was made under my parents account and they cant remember the password since it has been so long since we were customers and they havent used the site since then. I tried using the live chat to fix the problem but havent heard anything back in a few days. any help resolving this issue would be appreciated. thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @hobby1993

Noted that there's no password or account recovery possible and that the original 'owner' of the service account linked to the email is your parent.

You'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name / Your Parents' Full Name (if the email was in his/her account).

Date of Birth / Your Parents' Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the 'owner' of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi hobby1993, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call this morning with your new password. Please let us know how you get on. 

Highlighted
hobby1993
First Timer

Thanks for the help. Got it sorted

Community Team

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.