cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cant delete email accounts that have never been used in order to add active email account

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

I keep getting emails to say I will lose my active (main) email account if I do not link it to my TT account.

I have 5 emails already registered to my account of which only 1 has ever been used. I have no idea where the others have come from. These 4 have never been used.

In order to add my main email account I have on numerous occasions tried to delete these unused accounts. All I get every time is:

Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later.

I have tried unsuccessfully to chat with the online overseas staff.

I am now told I only have 5 days left to do this, can anyone help please?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Kathy10 

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es) you want removed with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

The reason you cannot delete the unwanted mailboxes is that because they've not been used they're not on the active database so MyAccount cannot find them to carry out the delete operation.

The TalkTalk team that I've alerted for you will authorise their removal.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kathy10, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary security information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kathy10, thanks for providing the details requested. I've raised the request to have the 4 mails deleted. Once they've gone you should be able to add the other, but if you have any trouble at all just let me know and I'll get it sorted for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.