cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cant delete email accounts that have never been used in order to add active email account

5 REPLIES 5
godorango
First Timer

I have had this problem for a couple of weeks now. I was trying to change my wife's password but it kept saying try again later, I kept trying thinking i did something wrong nothing worked but then i pressed delete on my main email account and it went, i have changed most of my addresses with various websites, the system tech people told me it was sorted no, then another said sorted no i am waiting for a call thursday not very confident I think i will change when contract up

dorango
Gondola
Community Star

Hi godorango 

If I understand you correctly you've signed in to your MyAccount and gone to My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail to see the list of mailboxes listed in your MyAccount.

One of those mailboxes is your wife's mailbox and she's asked you to change the password. Has your wife been regularly signing in to TalkTalk Mail to use the mailbox? Try signing in to the mailbox to check the current password works.

Let us know if you get an error message and what that message is.

To change the mailbox password successfully follow the advice in Managing your email in My Account in the Change your password section. You'll need to know the existing mailbox password. If the mailbox is on the active database i.e. it's not been suspended or deleted, then the password change should be effective within 5 minutes.

You say you've deleted your main mailbox. That deletion requires a definite confirmation from you because there is a warning message that tells you you're about to permanently delete without possibility of recovery or recreation.  You say you've changed email address with other websites so I have to assume the deletion was a considered action. 

Let us know what additional help you need.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

godorango
First Timer

I have been onto the technical people weeks ago they reinstalled my main email it worked once then gone,they said my wifes had been suspended but they would unsuspend I still could not do anything. I kept trying daily to delete my main email which was now not working, my wifes email still says cannot change at the moment try later .I changed all my services to the working email but I cannot delete the others. I made contact again last week when a woman said it was in the hands of the manager who would contact me when ok. I had a message today saying really not much I am here now because this is where it sent me. I would just like to delete the mail that's not working reinstalled or unsuspend so I can start anew. if they are deleted suspended why are they still on myaccount, also why is there a discontinued phone account still there, I was with talktalk then left and returned later so my old account I thought would be gone it just has got me going round in circles thinking I should delete discontinued acc mail then existing acc mail. this all started with the outage problem weeks ago. I just want to have my one email address then be able to add my wifes

dorango
Gondola
Community Star

Hi godorango 

I see that you've had no success with Customer Services' agents and have been directed back to Community to sort out your TalkTalk mailboxes.

No worries. You will get the help you need so long as you follow the advice given.

First, please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).

Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es) that you wish to delete from your MyAccount with any relevant other notes clearly stating the email addresses you wish to keep and clearly identifying the email address that your wife uses that requires unsuspending. Finally, save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

The OCE will authorise the removal from your current MyAccount of any unused and unwanted email addresses. The reason you cannot remove these yourself is that they're not active mailboxes, not on the active database, so your MyAccount delete process cannot find the mailboxes to delete.

Former MyAccounts that relate to you and the same address are usually still listed and selectable in your current MyAccount but the current details should always be selected.

Just a heads-up that the OCE may require your wife to separately register on Community to authorise the unsuspension of her email address if it has been suspended for some reason. The OCE will advise the best course of action.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi godorango, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to allow me to help you.

Ady

godorango
First Timer

Hi Ady

I  do not know how to send a personal email do I do it here?  also the problem has been sorted not long ago I think they had trouble with the site. I received a letter today about data protection asking if I wanted the email addresses deleted to reply if not me or ignore if correct.

I now have one address. It was my fault the problem arose I was just confused it caused such confusion. my wife's email had not been used for over 6 months  so was suspended which then disallowed any changing of passwords etc ,then when I kept trying I accidently deleted my main address because the buttons were close together.  To cut a long story short I think it was my *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* up

dorango