Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cant get in to Email

6 REPLIES 6
sophie pickup
First Timer

I have been logged out of my email and cant get back in, when i try and reset my password it doesn't send me a code to either of my recovery email address or my recovery phone number. can anyone help me on what to do ?

Sophie pickup
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Sophie

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer?

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok using your known password.

Password Reset details are set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please have another look at the Forgotten your Password option.

It'll send a reset to the mailbox itself but that's just for routine password changes. Check there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to.

Only if you recognise the alternates as yours then please reset the password. Reset code to the mobile 'phone is pretty quick. Make sure the phone is on and in range.

Provided the password has not been reset then if you're a TalkTalk broadband or MailPlus customer and know the current password you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

sophie pickup
First Timer

@Gondola     Hi, im not a customer and i recognize the alternatives and i still don't receive anything from either of them , when i try resetting the passwor

Sophie pickup
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Sophie

If some unwelcome hacker has changed part of the recovery alternatives then they're getting annoyingly clever.

Just try the email address at mailtester.com so I can be sure the mailbox does exist on the server.

If that's good (all green response from the server) then we'll need to get the Reset details checked and updated.

I'll alert the TalkTalk team for you.

sophie pickup
First Timer

@Gondola , just checked and it says the " mail service found for domain , email adress is valid "

Sophie pickup
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Sophie

Excellent. I've alerted the TalkTalk team to verify you as the registered user, reset your password to secure the account and to set up Reset details.

A TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to an OCE_ only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you believe the mailbox has been compromised but don't know how this happened then before you change any password take the precautionary approach to scan email devices for viruses and malware that might be capturing passwords.

sophie pickup
First Timer

@Gondola  thank you so much you have been a great help , hopefully it won't be long till it gets sorted 

Sophie pickup