cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Cant send or receive e-mails from Spain

13 REPLIES
Highlighted
roddy5
Team Player

Hi,

Recently arrived in Spain with an iPad which was working fine in the UK, it sent and received e-mails via my TT mail account without any problem.

Arrived in Spain and it all went kaput, wouldn't send or receive mails via my TT account - panic. Looked at TT help in my account and it suggested deleting mail account and re-installingg it, so gave it a go only for the iPad to freeze on step 5 out of 7 "Account Info", couldn't find a way past this step.

My laptop is working ffine and can send/receive e-mails via my TT mail account.

In desperation I opened a VPN on my iPad and believe it or not I was able to get past step 5 out of 7 and my ipad can send/freceive mails via my tt mail account.

Any one got any ideas how I can set up my ipad to send/receive mails via my TT nnail account without havig to use a VPN?

Rgds

Community Team

Hi roddy5, are you using the same mail client and the same mail settings on both devices?

roddy5
Team Player

Hi,

Not sure I understand your question, not being a techie sort of person.

On the iPad it is set up to get mails from TT and the to send them via TT webmail

On th elaptop I use google mail and 'imports' my TT mails to google and then I can send mauls via TT through google.

Don'tknow if this is what you were asking or not.  If not can you re-ask in words of i/2 a sylable?

Rgds

Rgds

Community Team

Ok when you're not on TT connection things are different. Have you setup your devices for the new connection you're on? If you go to www.talktalk.co.uk/mail are you able to access your email? Which TalkTalk email domain are you using i.e TalkTalk.net , Tiscali.co.uk?

roddy5
Team Player

its talktalk.net

just been able to log into my account and check my e-mails from the iPad,using google web browsers and the normal log in details.

the iPad still wont pull e-mails automatically from talktalk without a VPN being on

Rgds and txs for the help

Community Team
roddy5
Team Player

Hi,

Checked and am using IMAP, nearly all of the IMAP settings in the table is already on my iPad, turned SSL on as advised  but cant see the incoming port number anywhhere in my iPad!

Any ideas?

Txs

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) POP3

Login / Usernameusername@talktalk.netusername@talktalk.net
Incoming mail servermail.talktalk.netmail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port993995
Incoming SSLYesYes
Outgoing mail serversmtp.talktalk.netsmtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port587587
Outgoing SSLYesYes
Outgoing AuthenticationYesYes
roddy5
Team Player

hi, just found it and am using 993 for incoming mail!

Shoud I hhave a IMAP Path Prefix ??

Should S/MIME be on?

txs again

roddy5
Team Player
No, one is using an Apple iPad set up the other is using a Gmail set up.

Rgds
Community Team

Those setting looks good to me. I've just tested and sending is working fine on webmail. I'm thinking the problem you're having is related to the ISP you're connected to. Have you tried changing the send server to their settings?

roddy5
Team Player

Hi,

Txs, do l ask them for the settings?

Is it relevant that my gmail accoumt works finr and can picl up mails from my TT account? 

Txs

Community Team

Basically your email is working fine as you say through the Gmail client so I'm just trying to find you a fix for the Ipad. Honestly, if it were me I'd use webmail to ensure I miss nothing, but I'm here to help and will carry on trying for you. Re the ISP settings you should find them online.

roddy5
Team Player

Txs for your help.

I have set up Gmail on the Pad and it works just fine,pulling the e-mails from TT - so that is the fix we will use, until it breaks.

Rgds ad txs

Community Team

That's great. Thanks for posting back with your solution. It all adds to the online database of help for our customers and others.