would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Change Onetel password

5 REPLIES 5
Guy Tudge
Sightseer

I have a problem.

2 days ago I was logged out of my onetel account. The password seems to have been changed. How do I get advice on changing my password. I have tried logging on via onetel mail zone and it says my password is incorrect. It also says this in outlook and on my phone.

Can you please help me urgently.

My amazon account which had the same email and password has also been changed so I think I may have been hacked so urgently need to change my password.

I have seen messages about putting my phone number and email in the private note of my account - is this what I should do - will someone then contact me?

Thanks

Guy

Guy Tudge
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Guy

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you to request your OneTel account be secured and the password changed.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread and Community Private Message you to verify the registered email user details:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number for the team to contact you

When verified, the password will be changed and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know the password and check it works. A computer generated ultra strong password is not likely to be memorable so write it down carefully and store in a secure place.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Guy Tudge
Sightseer

Hi Gondola

Thanks for your email - I've updated My personal Information as requested in your email. How long do you think it will be before an OCE contact me as I urgently need access to the onetel address in box as I use it for work emails.Thanks Guy

Guy Tudge
Community Team

Thanks Guy, I've raised the fault ticket to have your password reset for you. I'd say you should chase this on Thursday if you haven't heard back before then. 

Ady

Guy Tudge
Sightseer

Hi Ady 

Still have not heard anything - I URGENTLY need to access this onetel email inbox. obscured for customer security
Guy

Guy Tudge
Community Team

Hi Guy, the password has been reset. I've asked John to call you with your new password.

Ady