Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Change email address

3 REPLIES 3
Tony2712
First Timer

In desperation. Have tried any numver of times on the phone to change the email address that talktalk used as a temporarymeasure but has since stuck. However, it is not the one I have been using on a day-to-day basis for over 12 years. This is the situation: Original email = abc@tiscali.co.uk. To sort a problem TalkTalk advisor changed it to aaa@tiscali.co.uk but obviously forgot to change it back. When I try to change it back in My Account the app says 'You cannot use an existing email address (abc@tiscali.co.uk)! So, TalkTalk cannot send me my bills because they have the wrong address. It really should be easy to change back and I have been assured it will happen... but it never does. Thank you for a solution.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Tony2712 

Were you previously able to sign in to your MyAccount using the 'temporary' email address and password?  If you can use the temporary email address as the Log in along with the relevant password and that gets you in to MyAccount then you can set up your own email address.

1. Log into My Account
  2. Choose My Details from the toolbar, then Login details from the drop-down list
  3. Then in the My Account email address row, select edit
  4. Now enter the My Account password and the new email address you'd like to login to My Account with. Confirm that email address and choose submit

It looks like your Tiscali mailbox may be a MyAccount Log in. So if you Log into My Account and then select the Email me a link to log in. Does that work?

However, if you've never been able to and still cannot sign in to MyAccount then we need to get you set up with your email address as the log in.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address to be used as the MyAccount login with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details and will Personal Message you for security to allow the changes to be made.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Tony2712
First Timer

Hi Gondola. Thanks very much for your time and help. I can get into MyAccount with the 'temporary' (aaa.tiscali.co.uk) email address and a new password.

From MyAccount I clicked the link My Details & Settings which took me to precisely that: personal details that were all OK including the email address as aaa.tiscali.co.uk.

To the right of most of the other details there was an option to either edit or to add, but (you guessed it!) nothing next to the email address so another dead end.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help - I do really appreciate the time.

Tony2712

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Tony

Staying signed in to MyAccount if you select from the toolbar My Details and then Login Details you'll see the Manage My Account Email and Password screen.

MyAccount Manage MyAccount email and password.png

In the Actions column, you can select Setup (or Edit) on the My Account email address line to set a new, external (non talktalk), email address and password for the MyAccount Login.

Select in the right side column either the external email address or a TalkTalk email address if there is one listed that you can access. 

To add your TalkTalk mailboxes that aren't shown select (bottom left) Click here to manage TalkTalk Mail.  That'll take you to My Mailboxes where you can create talktalk.net mailboxes or Add an existing TalkTalk mailbox.

Managing your email in My Account 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer