Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Closing Hacked Onetel Webmail Account

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Can this please be done for my old onetel account please, urgently, as it is being accessed and used for fraud? Thanks, Susie

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Susie

To maintain your personal security then full deletion of a redundant email account is a good decision. But do make sure none of your personal online accounts are linked to the onetel email account.

TalkTalk's Data Protection Team will authorise deletion of the onetel email account for you under your General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Right to Erasure. 

Here's the TalkTalk advice article related to the GDPR. Scroll down and select the section Your right to be forgotten also known as Right to Erasure for instructions for requesting that your email account and any contents are authorised for deletion by the Data Protection team.

As well as your identification they'll need proof that you're the registered user of the email address including:

• Email address for deletion
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Your current contact details

Account verification is managed by the Data Protection team before email account deletion is authorised as deletion of personal data is not reversible. 

Reports say that the process is handled quickly but do please update us on the outcome as it's good to get feedback.

In relation to any actual fraud then the place to report that is ActionFraudUK

Bear in mind that scammers may send you emails claiming that the email account is hacked even 'spoof' your own email address to lend credibility to their fake claims. But if the account has been hacked then you may be able to find out, if it's through a known data breach, at www.haveibeenpwned.com

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Susie, the GDPR team will delete your email address for you if you can't do it via MyAccount. Just follow the steps in the Right to be forgotten help article

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.