Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Closing my email address

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
First Timer

My email address has been hacked and is not secure anymore.All I want to do is shut it down permanently as I have now had bank transactions that are fraudulent happen that are directly related to this hacking but there is no one at Talktalk I can tell about this.I cannot get into My Account anymore as the fraudster has somehow changed the password to it.I have had threatening emails sent to me that I have reported to phishing email address and asked them to help me but apart from a standard reply no help has been forthcoming.Please please can someone help me-All I want is for this email to be shut down forever so I can end this nightmare that is causing me no end of stress and anxiety.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Justin, 

You can delete your mailbox from myaccount  https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

The problem is I cannot get into My Account to do that!!Something very odd has happened as my email address has a completely different name to the side of it(Lourdes Kerbachi) and maybe this is the fraudster?I really need to talk to someone on the phone but it appears there is no one to help me.If someone can give me a call that would be great.

kind regards 

justin

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Justin

I saw you said that the MyAccount password had been changed which prevents you signing in to your MyAccount with your last known password.

However, so long as the MyAccount login email address hasn't been changed then you can try the password recovery for MyAccount here. There ought to be an alternative email address and or mobile number to receive a reset link or code to get you back in to MyAccount.

Registering for MyAccount 2.png

Or if you can still access the login email address then you can sign in with a link sent to that email address.   Log in to MyAccount enter the login email address and select the Email me a link to log in button.

Tip: the email login is valid for 10 minutes only.

MyAccount Passwordless login by email

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted

I'll send you a private message now if you could reply i'll arrange for someone to contact you. 

thanks

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer
Many thanks for this but I have tried to do this to no avail.Stephen the community manager has kindly come back to me and has arranged for someone to contact me tomorrow to hopefully get this matter resolved

Many thanks for your help though👍
Highlighted
Community Star

No worries.

Someone else today has told me they don't have a mobile number set up for MyAccount password recovery so you're not the only one needing intervention.

Highlighted
First Timer

I originally asked back at the end of April if someone could help me and StephenF the community manager kindly sent me a PM saying someone would be in contact with me shortly.I appreciate with everything that is going on it may be a few days but I have heard nothing from anybody and I have subsequently sent 2 more messages to StephenF asking if he could possibly intervene but have heard nothing from him either-I hope he is ok has anyone heard from him recently?

If there was something I could do I would do it but I cannot get into My Account as the hackers have changed my password and it has caused me a lot of distress and anxiety that I can’t get my email account shut down once and for all.

please please can someone just contact me to get this simple yet very important closure carried out.

thank you

justin

Highlighted
Community Star

I'll remind them.

Highlighted

Sorry for the delay Justin, 

Could you reply to the PM ive sent, i have sent a new one, if you could answer the questions in the pm we'll get this sorted for you.