Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Confused Over Spam Reporting

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Enlightened One

Hi. Could somebody shed any light on the spam reporting process. 

In accordance with this article I forward any spam to the address shown.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Report-a-phishing-or-spam-email/ta-p/2223984

I then usually get an email back from Customer Security Team which says:-

Thanks for contacting the Customer Security team; this is an automated response to confirm that we’ve received your report.
What do we need from you?
We need the header information from the email - this helps us track where the email came from and the journey it took to land in your inbox. Once we have this, then we can identify the source network and raise a complaint. To send the header information to us, please follow the steps outlined on our help page https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Report-a-phishing-or-spam-email/ta-p/2223984 and reply to this email.If you are unable to provide the header information, the case will have to be closed.  

So basically it points me in the direction of the article I have been guided by which makes no mention of forwarding headers. Just says forward the whole email like I have been doing. So, bottom line, is my reported Spam being followed up or is the case closed? Seems like the latter as I have been getting the same spam messages for months now.
Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

If you're getting a message back then your report is being investigated. We had a meeting with security a while back and they said that they really do investigate all the issues reported and will take the appropriate action. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Thanks @OCE_Ady that is reassuring. Perhaps whoever wrote that support article &/or the Security Team's automated response email could update the wording to avoid any confusion.

Highlighted

Sorry for the late reply I was on hols. 

I had a meet recently with security and we had the message changed as a result. That's when it was confirmed that a response means it's being investigated. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

The auto response message I get hasnt changed from that I showed in my original post.

Highlighted

Ok I'm doing some testing and will be in touch with security if necessary.